145 Business Leaders Sign Letter for Gun Control

Here’s the latest group of business to put on your list.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6402600-CEO-Senate-GVP-Letter-Final-Signatories-12.html

The letter was submitted today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/business-leaders-call-on-congress-to-act-on-gun-violence/ar-AAHb3U3?ocid=spartandhp

A few companies pointed out in the article:

The letter signers on Thursday include the leaders of Airbnb, the Gap, Pinterest, Lyft, the Brookfield Property Group and Royal Caribbean.

Here’s who was behind the initiative:

“To a certain extent, these C.E.O.s are putting their businesses on the line here, given how politically charged this is,” said Chip Bergh, chief executive of Levi Strauss, a company whose denim jeans have long been a symbol of America. Mr. Bergh spent the last several days trying to cajole his peers into joining him…"

I’ll never buy another pair of Levi’s, will you?

Two companies that signed may raise eyebrows in Washington: Thrive Capital, whose founder, Joshua Kushner, is the brother of Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law, and Bain Capital, the private equity firm co-founded by Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah.

And some surprises who didn’t sign:

Missing from the list, however, are some of America’s biggest financial and technology companies, including Apple, Facebook, Google, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo, some of which debated internally whether to sign the letter.

Even banks like Citigroup and Bank of America, which both publicly distanced themselves from gunmakers this year by ending lending and banking relationships with manufacturers, declined to sign the letter

1 Like

As much trouble as Wells Fargo has had the last few years, I’m glad I’ve stayed with them. They’ve remained pretty constant on staying out of the gun debate. This is only going to get worse. The state I use to live in, SC, had signage laws. They basically invalidated my 2nd Amendment rights. Sure, I could carry concealed walking down the street, but I broke the law every time I engaged in commerce, because most every business, especially the national chains, had the signs up. I’ve always believed in trying to shop locally, but if they don’t won’t my business, UPS still delivers to my door. I’m of a firm belief that businesses that are open to the public and expect public traffic should not be considered ‘private property’ under the gun laws, unless those businesses are willing to accept full liability and responsibility for their patrons’ safety. I’m helping with a bill in my state right now that says just that, at least for any business that accepts any public funding, tax incentives, etc.

Surprisingly absent was Walmart

More virtue-signaling, hoping it will get the ‘woke scolds’ to leave them alone.

Won’t work; not for long.

1 Like

I feel this and I’ll explain why. The point is not only to boycott, its to let them know you won’t support their business, you will take your business and money elsewhere. You won’t support their work JJ Abrams Bad Robot for example. Call, email, post on social media, let them see the oncoming storm and stick to the boycott so they feel the financial sting.

1 Like