Your Best Defense During Civil Unrest - American Handgunner

Call this a ‘Refresher course’ but like the 2nd Amendment Re-Read it!
There is good stuff here. It could be the differene between being safe
and being a VICTIM.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

9 Likes

Never out of fashion

7 Likes

“do you appear to be weak?”
Exactly why I am a BIG Advocate of physical fitness. Look healthy, look confident, look capable, look strong and BE ALL OF Those Things. Your aura will help keep them away.

10 Likes

My adopted Mama (the Italian Stallion Wonder-Chef)
said basically the same thing Brother. And when she heard I was going
into Armored Car she bought me my first Ka-Bar!
‘Wear it in good health!’ she said! God I miss her.

9 Likes

This :point_up_2:t4: as if saying, “wrong guy, move on.”

10 Likes

YEPPER!

We should want them to mentally hear “DON’T F*CK WITH ME!” LOUD AND CLEAR!

7 Likes

Yes, it is amazing the power of just wearing an 8 1/2" Bowie knife on one’s hip has. Almost as powerful as Noah parting the Red Sea, a crowd a youths blocking a sidewalk quickly making way for an approaching old man. No, I have not experienced that… :rofl:

7 Likes

Which one, the parting of the Red Sea? :grin:

7 Likes

Yes, I have not been there yet with my Bowie knife. I will let you know what happens when I do. :sunglasses: The knife is mightier than the staff? :rofl:

6 Likes

You ain’t whistling dixy Brother Dave,
At that very Young age in my first years in Armored, In Mid town Manhattan, I’d jump out of my huge Truck and Pull the 6" .357 Stainless S&W and walk towards the bank/Check Cashing whatever and I parted the Sea like Moses himself. People Respect you (sometimes) But in the 80’s they ALWAYS respected the GUN.
Now people are dumbed down and bad guys’ still THINK ‘I can take him’ BANG BANG! and Bye Bye!

Oh sh** did I get my religious people mixed up? Noah he built dat Boat right? ONLY TWO Mosquito’s?
Moses with the Stick amirite?

5 Likes

Good Information everyone needs too know.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Party my Friend.

4 Likes

Kurt! ‘‘Welcome to the party pal!’’----John Mc Claine/ Nakatomi Plaza

5 Likes

Kurt, Welcome to the party Pal! John Mc Claine/Nakatomi Plaza :crazy_face:
Apologies New Laptop! Double post Operator error! DUH!!!

5 Likes

There are situations where appearing strong can get you out of trouble. But if your awareness and avoidance skills fail and you find yourself surrounded by a worked up crowd that you want nothing to do with it can often be better to just blend in until you can get away. Though you wouldn’t want to appear weak while doing so.

A person standing alone and proudly waiving a Trump flag in the middle of a BLM protest may not fair so well no matter how strong they appear to be. Same for someone standing alone waiving a Bidden flag in the middle of an Oath Keepers rally.

Sometimes it is better to turn a violent crowd encounter into an infiltration mission instead of Custer’s last stand. Joining in the chants of those around you may give you time to slide out of the crowd and live to fight another day. Might not be a bad idea to keep a BLM hat next to a MAGA hat under the seat in our vehicles just to be prepared for multiple eventualities.

5 Likes

Yeah, A BLM hat on me…riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!
I’d TOTALLY BLEND IN! like A lion at a Zebra convention!

Death to Whitey! nope don’t see that passin’ muster Brother.

6 Likes

I saw an awful lot of white folks amongst the crowds at many of the various BLM protests. You just gotta sell it with confidence:) At least if you have something worth living for. I may not be all that special to the rest of the world but my family needs me to keep them safe and I can’t do that if I am a bloody pulp on the ground or dead. So I am perfectly willing to raise my fist and shout long live Biden or Trump or Unicorns or whatever if it helps to keep my family safe. Me being put down by an angry mob doesn’t do anyone any good except to make a bunch of thugs feel good about themselves.

Though if my pretend or real display of solidarity with whatever their cause is didn’t keep them from trying to harm me or my family I wouldn’t be going down without a fight.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Z.E.R.T.5161

3 Likes

Yeah…maybe but those White folk don’t look like me I bet !’
Maybe I should carry a long 2x4 and if confronted beat myself over the head!
Shouting 'Death to White Nationalists!, Maga Maniac’s! ’ Trumpinator’s!

3 Likes

Very interesting! My issue is that I’m old and move like Joe Biden.
Obviously, I no longer can pull off the bad ass shtick.
Not sure what to do except carry a bigger stick but my shoulder, wrist and hip will remind me that I’ll pay for it tomorrow.
FWIW I’ve had gang bangers call me “dad” and offer to look out for me.
Strange times indeed.

8 Likes