WTF is going on in America?

I don’t believe @Nathan57 was disagreeing with the oath of office. Rather he was disagreeing with you seeming to equate “wellbeing” with “rights and liberties”, though they may run on parallel courses.

In my estimation, rights and liberties can contribute to achieving a sense of wellbeing. However, wellbeing doesn’t safeguard rights or liberties; instead it may contribute to a sense of complacency in which rights and liberties begin to be taken for granted and so not defended quite so vigorously.

7 Likes

You can jumble the words in any order you want but all of it is salad dressing and missing the main take away from post which was:

2 Likes

In simpler terms,… “welfare babies”

But doesn’t that contradict your first statement?

I mean, how can the government be responsible for the safety and wellbeing (welfare) of its citizens, without creating the subclass of society you describe (welfare babies)?

And;

So, the government is supposed to take care of its citizens, (welfare) thus creating its citizens, (welfare babies) and allow them to “fester”?

like an infected wound?…

I’m not seeing (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) where @Nathan57 jumbled any words.

Seems to me the grammatical gymnastics are being performed by yourself.

That’s why I said I couldn’t quite give the :+1: to your post.

1 Like

This is truly getting tedious. Please show me where I claim the way to insure the safety and wellbeing of its citizens is to keep them on welfare. My post was simple: successive administration have created a mess. It’s not that complicated. Time to move on.

1 Like

Well the cops arrested the shooter it seems.

3 Likes

Damn Nathan, you’re making sense again. Unfortunately politicians of today have learned how to bribe the people with their own tax dollars.

I would love to see our federal gubment cut back a lot. I think it was GW Bush that wanted to get rid of some federal like energy but 9-11 happened I think it’s past time for our federal gubment to be reduced in size. Presidents from both parties have created agencies that have outlived their usefulness.

7 Likes

Tell me about it!

Tired of this crap. One in the head in the center of town and broadcast on whatever channels thugs watch.

1 Like

“Where’s Mike?” (Obama) Oh, there he is! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: If I could be like Mike! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Beetch is Krazy!

Thank God we are all not like that.

It’s not me saying it.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter who said what or their race, ethnicity ,color, sexual preference or whatever. We all have to live in America together. If that is the way we/they want to choose to live, that is our/their right.

I never said it wasn’t their right. As these two Americans are pointing out, don’t hate on the country that you don’t want to leave. As a Cpl great Americans in the past have said:
When you come to America you need to become 100% American
Teddy Rosevelt

Right or wrong this is still my country and I support it
John Wayne

5 Likes

Well if John Wayne was my mentor I would probably think the same thing. Jesus is my mentor so I will say something Jesus said, which I can’t think of something that applies right now because He said so many things.

IMG_0086
IMG_0085

2 Likes

Revelation 3:15-16 English Standard Version 2016 (ESV)

“'I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

1 Like

I was thinking more of love thy neighbor as thy self. Love never loses its fire. If it does it wasn’t love.

1 Like

I’m crushed.

Note to self: Avoid triggering Will-B. Pretend he’s right when he equates my promoting people’s wellbeing with having them on the welfare rolls. :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you please explain how one gets to “hence the people” from “defend the constitution”. Sure the constitution was written for the people, I don’t see how the constitution is the people.

The party of plagiarism - too dumb and morally bankrupt to produce an original thought.
Ladies and gentlemen, the future leader of your country:

2 Likes