Why We Carry: Random Execution Of Man Pumping Gas, Good Guy Stops Rampage

Often times the meanest looking characters have the biggest hearts:)

I am making judgements based on several of your posts but it sounds to me like you did not grow up in the best of neighborhoods? It’s hard enough staying out of trouble and finding good opportunities as a kid like myself growing up in the peaceful suburbs. I was blessed and lucky to land on this earth in a good neighborhood with great parents. I know a bunch of people who grew up in not so great situations in the worse parts of a nearby city. Much smaller and less troubled than the stories I hear out of Chicago but not a place most would choose to live. Some of them managed to navigate the minefields of childhood, broken families, and broken neighborhoods. They built great lives for themselves from some pretty sketchy foundations. Many were not able to succeed despite their best efforts. Takes a lot of work, a little help, and some good luck to be a force for good in this world.

1 Like

Getting a little more back on topic. I do a lot of work in SoCal. There are a lot of homelessness, drug and crime issues there. It is also a place where State laws deny my right to self defense. Stopping at a gas station is always an adventure. It is very hard to find one where you won’t be approached by a stranger asking for money or gas. Definitely need to know where your escape routes and safety zones are whenever you stop to fill up.

1 Like

You just stay brother and keep aware of your surroundings.

1 Like

Amen! Been there, it was a bad road, He put me in a much better place.

2 Likes

The gas stations I go to, and I am picky, I always go to the same 3, all Maverik. Out here, atleast 85% of the customers are armed and of those they are always aware of their surroundings. Robbing at the pump would make the perpetrator target practice for a lot of law abiding-2A-mind your business citizens.

2 Likes

So, apparently my “quotation marks” didn’t work.

Why wasn’t he prepared? :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Always nice to know you have backup.

2 Likes

Exactly. People always eye me because I walk fast, eyes scanning, and with a purpose and a smile. At 5’10" and 230, I’m not too impressive, but bad guys usually take a wide path around me. If you’re alert, they want nothing to do with you, drunks and addicts notwithstanding. Oh, I wear eyeglasses and use those to scan behind me whenever possible. Depending on the light, both the lenses and the frames will reflect objects behind you.

2 Likes