Why I Need an AR-15

A 10 and 15 in the Safe…
In the Group of “Must Have”… :neutral_face:

1 Like

In my state it is authorized to hunt with an AR, and with proper shot placement you can certainly bring down a deer with an AR. The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting any way.

3 Likes

I don’t need an AR-15 either. That’s why I bought a Ruger AR-556.

4 Likes

It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I have a dedicated home defense shotgun and a Glock 19 as my EDC/bedside gun. Sometimes my AR15 is my bedside gun. But let’s be honest. AR15’s are bad ass and super fun. So if I can have it, why not? This is America!

4 Likes

The Amendments were not designed as a permission slip, They are designed to limit the Governments over reach in to person liberty. The Government wants to rid the American people of guns that keep them in check. A tyrannical Regime has no business in office. ANYONE that DEMANDS the removal of guns that could help protect the constitution has not business in office.

Our problems started with the ACT of 1867, which ended the existence of the United Stated of America, and created the Corporation of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Since that point the president has not been in charge of a nation, but a corporation owned by the Bank of London. That is what the fear the most, for the masses of Americans to understand what this HUGE ACT (1867) caused and has done to this country.

1 Like

for those who are new to AR15’s - its not just 223/556. AR 15s come in many calibers; 350, 450, 762x39 etc. so yes AR15 format IS definitely used for Hunting across America and beyond.
AR10 is 308, etc.
knowledge keeps you from saying things that are not true.

5 Likes

I just bought a takedown AR-15 have no real use for it other than I worry I won’t be able to get one later.

3 Likes

Very good point @Dean61 :+1: That in a nutshell is why ARs are so popular, if you don’t like it the way you bought it, just buy some new parts and re-assemble it into another configuration you think you would prefer - until you change your mind again. Of course you unfortunately have to be cognizant your preferences might require a tax stamp, but that is a whole other bag of worms.

Welcome aboard, and I am happy to give you your 1st

1 Like

I’m neither inclined to “justify” nor “apologize” for any of the firearms I possess, least of all my AR-15’s in four variants! The “right” to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS is God-given and enshrined within the 2nd Amendment of our eloquent governing document, the U.S. Constitution and its Bill of Rights! When asked why I need four AR-15’s I usually say “I have many reasons,” but the “most important” is to protect against the “tyranny of government”! They’ll always be those who want to “disarm” the citizenry of the United States and to those I say “Molon Labe,” but be sure to kiss your mamma goodbye!

2 Likes

@James770 Welcome to the community. :us:

1 Like

Agreed! I was thinking the same thing. The article was great up until he made that untrue statement in the last paragraph.

1 Like

An AR is lighter than a M249, can’t carry a M249 around😉

2 Likes

I read most of the COMMUNITY posts but rarely comment. However I just had to say “Thanks” for posting the link to this article. The bottom line however, is that it should not matter whether I need an AR-15; the fact remains that it is my God-given right to have one, should I so desire. Plain and simple truth, yet so difficult for so many others to grasp.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Dean61 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @James770 and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @STEVE276 and God bless you.

1 Like

Convenient

2 Likes

Some folks liked the smell of LSA lol.

1 Like

The key idea is the 2nd Amendment isn’t about hunting, never has been. It is about the right to have, always was always will be. Even if the President says they won’t do any good against F 15s and Nukes. They will discourage angry mobs, as proven by the Korean store owners during the Rodney King Riots. So I need one because they make them and I can afford one. Remember the same people that say we don’t need one, are protecting the capital with men and M-16s. They aren’t using them for hunting either.

4 Likes

Like many other soldiers…

1 Like