Why are some places against self protection?

Illinois girl, 14, tried to rob woman who shot her in chest, both charged, Chicago police say

3 Likes

They may want to look closer at why the dog was being purchasedā€¦ just a hunch but there may be more to the story.

4 Likes

What theyā€™re saying sounds like the recognize the shooting was legit self defense (robber had a gun) but the defender had a FOID but no CPL. shes being charge on the concealed carry, not the shooting from what I can see in the articles.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s the way I read it too @Zee. That fact, also shows the fallacy of the whole FOID system. Itā€™s legal to own the gun, and you have to pay for that right, then pay more to carry it.

6 Likes

Good point! I hadnā€™t thought about that.

3 Likes

I thought about that too but Iā€™m betting they were looking for any way possible to charge her.

4 Likes

@Michael7 Good morning Michael, well I have lived in Chicagoland all my life minus the 18 years I was in the Army. When I was a kid growing up on the South Side myself and a friend saw a patrol car hit a running perpetrator to stop him so Chicago donā€™t need a reason. I would wear a Kevlar vest if it was legal for non-law enforcers in Chicago.
I donā€™t think to much changed in the last 50+ years but I could be wrong.

1 Like

I know itā€™s your home Robert but we would welcome you in Missouri. Just avoid st louis.

2 Likes

Itā€™s frustrating, but I understand that charge much more than if she was charged for defending herself.

Paying for two different permits so you can carry seems to go against the Second Amendment to me. Thereā€™s a reason I donā€™t live in IL. :frowning:

5 Likes

Iā€™d say paying for just one does too.

5 Likes

Well thatā€™ll be nice Michael thatā€™s very nice of you to say that. Iā€™ve driven through Missouri long time ago several times that I donā€™t know if they call it
the Ozarks? Yes Ozarks! It was one of the time it was so foggy early in the morning like when the sun was coming up you could barely see in front of your windshield. Anyway Iā€™ll stop thanking backwards here and go forward I have to ask my wife Elizabeth sheā€™s working sheā€™s young but sheā€™s cool she just got her PhD in Biological Anthology she finished out last February if she was done. You know
Yourself there is no utopia as much as some people would like to have you believe that maybe thereā€™s a lab there in St. Louis or I donā€™t know Kansas City at all that thereā€™s some large cities in Missouri or at least larger cities. Weā€™re going to have kids she wants two and so do I even at my age. I never had kids before but Elizabeth wants them and so do I anyway now the Missouri will be a nice place away from Illinois so weā€™ll talk about it and see what comes up with.
Your friend
Bob Murphy

2 Likes

Springfield has a large medical community and itā€™s a nice small city. There is a great gun club close by also.

1 Like

Remember, we Illinoisans have to get a permit, just to own a gun, or even ammunition. It is being challenged in court. It all boils down to money and control. The control is obvious. The money, well

2.2 million FOID cards, at 10 dollars a pop for a 10 year card. That averages out to 2.2 million dollars a year.

3 Likes

@Zee. There was another Aurora, IL shooting recently. Honestly Aurora is becoming quite the Hotbed of gun activity lately. But now Cook County (Chicago & immediate touching suburbs)
Those political talking heads want increased FOID Card and other Fees in exchange for our rights of self protection. Although my Senator Dick Durbin D-IL has told me twice now that in his opinion the Second Amendment was solely designed for hunting :joy::joy:
I wrote him back in August told him nonsense yada yada. He (or his employee that wrote the letters) stated ā€œWe can agree to disagreeā€ I often wonder how much of that stuff congressmen and senators actually see let alone read? I know senators donā€™t read bills if you ever read the book ā€œWhat Makes You Think We Read Those Billsā€ -Written by retired Senator H.L. RICHARDSON You would be enlightened by the facts that Senators never read what they vote on (God Help Us All); Most recently Nancy Pelosi let that train leave the station regarding Affordable Health Care Act when sheā€™s beating her chest ā€œWe need to pass the bill so we can see whatā€™s in itā€ Holy Hell,
And these numnuts actually are paidšŸ˜³

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Springfield, thatā€™s sort of from what I can tell like an up and comer.?

2 Likes

Durbin is repeating a line often used by the anti-gunners. Why would anyone need 30 rounds to kill a deerā€¦or some such variable. Those types donā€™t have a clue what the Constitution says AND they are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the mass of voters who havenā€™t studied the Constitution or our history. All part of the leftā€™s master plan IMO.

3 Likes

If I wanted to go hunting with an Avalanche rifle not that I would but if I wanted to itā€™s not anyoneā€™s concern

1 Like

@Robert8 if youā€™re looking for a 2A friendly place to be, Springfield Missouri is an awesome small city. The Cox South hospital and doctors at Ferrel-Duncan are pretty awesomeā€¦ they saved my hubbyā€™s life against big odds. Our weather is milder than Chicago, the people are nicer to strangers, property is less expensive, and the ozarks are just minutes away. :heart_eyes:
Plus @Michael7 and I are in the neighborhood :wink:

2 Likes

@Zee if you keep inviting people to Missouri, the population increases, it becomes liberal, and then bans all firearms

2 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s true. I have to talk about this with my wife because you know Iā€™m retired but sheā€™s works. Holy cow, between you and Michael as neighbors why would I need a Heater? (Chicago street language). :laughing::grinning::grinning::wink:
Just kidding, but I thought it was funny.

1 Like