Who's building a good 20 Inch AR these days?

I’m looking for a 20 inch AR15 and not too terribly sure who’s good and who’s not these days. Any of you have a good recommendation for an A2/A4-style musket maker?

Thanks.

Hmmm. Off the top of my head I don’t know of anyone other than maybe Colt making an entire rifle. If you build, I’m sure most if not all of the major barrel makers will make a 20".

1 Like

I’m totally not against that idea, of building one. Do you have a good source for the components?

I’ve never done it before.

There are a several threads on here with people’s builds. The same folks that make good rifles make good components. In your case you can buy a whole rifle, then swap out the barrel… or build the whole thing from scratch.

Have a good read before you get started. PewPewTactical has several good articles as well, like this one and this one. If you have more specific questions you can ask in those threads or post back in here.

Of course, someone else may chime in with a good 20" off the shelf too…

https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/search?q=build%20in%3Atitle

1 Like

Some here:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/ar15-guns/rifles.html

1 Like

I’d check YouTube, retro 20" seems to be in fashion right now

2 Likes

I suggest you contact John Holliger at White Oak Armament. Excellent products and service.

1 Like

Aero Precision is a great option for that. Even better is that Ready Gunner has a monthly Gun Club where you can do an AR15 (pistol or rifle) or AR10 build. You pick the length of the time (how many months you want it to take/what price works for you). You pay that amount each month, they ship you parts each month until you have your complete build. You can buy the parts all at one time or go all the way up to 12 months. They also have video’s showing you how to build it. I am working on a AR10 build in 6.5 Creedmoore.

1 Like

That’s a good call. Unfortunately… all their 20" options are out of stock :rofl:

(I think this link should go straight to 5.56, 20")

That is a very cool concept. I was a bit skeptical at first, but they seem to be using mostly Aero parts and the price seems pretty reasonable.

1 Like

If you are going to do a 20" consider looking for somebody that builds “Match Service Rifles” as the M16/AR15-A2 is the standard Service Rifle at the National Matches. White Oak makes GREAT tubes 2nd only to Boots Obermyer and I don’t even know if he is still around. Probably be cheaper to build but use the National Match free float hand guards.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like