When Situational Awareness IS the Problem

That is why they roam around in herds. They want to look big in front of the herd and the herd is there for backup just in case they bit off more than they can chew.

6 Likes

I fail miserably on that one! My head never stops moving.
I’m actively looking. Not for trouble but ANYTHING out of the ordinary!
I don’t walk in public without checking my 6 at least every 2 seconds! I’m scanning vehicles, people anything that moves! If I see a squirrel out of the corner of my eye at 100 yards, I’m on my guard!
My cat couldn’t sneak up on me!

8 Likes

Hahaha, I try to practice SA when I’m left in the in the parking lot. I use the mirrors, look over my shoulder and use the whole wind shield scanning back and forth. Then the next thing I know, the wife is opening the door and I didn’t even see her coming! Hahaha, my SA sucks most of the time.

6 Likes

Showing the soles of our boots is an insult to the Friendly neighborhood Muslim…That’s why for years we dangled our legs out both sides of the Helo’s. ‘Eat that Goat-boy!’

10 Likes

If I make eye contact with someone I will just acknowledge them with a hello , good
day or whatever. that way I’ve checked them out and hopefully made them comfortable but still ready to react if needed,

5 Likes

apologies, you looked familiar and i couldn’t place where i thought i knew you from. have a good day.

4 Likes

I’m on a diet.

4 Likes

His outsize reaction should probably validate your SA, in my eyes anyways. If being looked at is enough to trigger him, probably means you should be looking at him. IMO.

11 Likes

I wonder what kind of STDs are raging through the islame-ic world? From the stories I’ve seen, they aren’t shy about using a friendly goat that has her head stuck in a fence or not stuck.

4 Likes

Stuck in a fence? They call that a date! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I believe they prefer sheep. At least that is what I was told, but they are known to lie, so I really don’t know. :sunglasses:

Don’t hear many news stories anymore about the gang members who get triggered by a look. I used to hear them reported all the time. Then again Matt Walsh isn’t on mainstream TV anymore

1 Like

I will always err on the side of being aware of my surroundings. If that pisses someone off, that’s their problem and not mine.

Like Zavier_D said, the fact that he was so triggered means you probably should have had eyes on him.

8 Likes

He probably was targeting you for a “knockout” challenge. You did well to be aware of your situation and never let your eyes off of the person.

3 Likes

IMO Eye contact is over rated. Keeping an eye on and getting into a stare-down are totally different.

5 Likes

Faux anger is a common tactic used by criminals to keep people from observing them or asking questions. You did just fine. Don’t let intimidation stop your situational awareness.

4 Likes

Over decades I’ve mastered the useful art of having my eyes clearly focused on something and yet my brain is laser focused on something happening in my periphery. It’s an art form that’s essential to a happy marriage :sunglasses:

All jokes aside, your peripheral vision captures enough details to give you the data to decide if further, more detailed inspection is warranted. You don’t need direct sharp focus to determine someone’s mode of dress, demeanor and overall behavior like they changing their walking direction to intersect your path. I can be in restaurants having conversations with folks and my brain is doing scans all around the room evaluating the rest of the crowd, yes profiling works.

At other times direct focus is essential since most of these folks dress and act the way they do for effect. Last year I was watching with amusement an undetermined sex chunker in clothing 7 sizes too small, blue spiked hair, big rubber rings in their ears and makeup worthy of a Japanese geisha on LSD. And all of a sudden I heard this shrill question? “What are you looking at?”

I answered, “I think a clown?…… But I haven’t made up my mind yet.” :rofl:

10 Likes

Another good answer would be, I am not sure, and apparently you aren’t either. :rofl:

5 Likes

On A$$holy days I have been known to respond with “What the Duck do you think I’m looking at?”

5 Likes

First one to laugh or look away loses.

3 Likes