What would you do: Your apartment door is open when you get home

This morning they convicted Amber Guyger of murder. They sited her texts and social media posts throughout the trial. Some of them sound like they may be said in sarcasm, but the prosecutor used them to paint a picture of her as a racist.

I don’t know all of the details about what was said, but this case makes me want to watch what I say in text even more as my friends understand my snark and sarcasm, but taken out of context it could make me look really bad.

From the article:

I’ve seen memes like that and thought they were funny - but not because I want to go out and kill someone. To me, it appears her comments were deliberate exaggerations for the sake of humor. Yes, there is some grain of truth that people annoy her - but do you know anyone who isn’t annoyed by some people? And maybe she was being snarky about it. You’ve all seen me be snarky here. Sometimes it falls flat, but you know my intention isn’t to hurt anyone.

The preponderance of evidence was not in her favor. No matter how or why it happened, it is a tragedy that an innocent life was lost.

Please be careful with the use of sarcasm and smarty-pants comments in text. ALWAYS call them out in the conversation for your own protection. :frowning:

3 Likes