What Would You Do: Mob surrounds your car

if you’re familiar with uptown NYC and have seen the video then you know he had nowhere to go. An undercover cop takes no action against the perp who pulled the guy out, until of course previously he ran over the guy blocking his car. This poor guy is still being sued over this incident. Should he have not reacted the way he did? i believe so. He should have let the bikes fly by him and taken some hits on his SUV but when you’re in a situation like that its easier said than done. This is why, from a very young age, back in the 60s’, unfortunately, we were instructed the police were not your friends and unfortunately the lesson still rings true.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far. Just like all professions, some in the field are really good and others in the field are terrible. I know a lot of police officers who are amazing people.

If you ever have to deal with them after a self-defense incident, definitely have your attorney with you for your legal protection.

2 Likes

I would roll down my window and start coughing, letting the mob know I also had a low grade fever… :smirk:

5 Likes

That might work right now, @Greg1! :mask:

3 Likes

I’ve told a group of teens that my wife and I were in quarantine, because there were about a dozen of them with their heads in each other’s laps and what not and they wanted to pet my Husky Aria. I’m not sick :mask: but didn’t feel like getting into a discussion about the risks they were running, and that I didn’t want to be exposed to them.

4 Likes

I personally deploy teargas canisters out both sides of my vehicle, change my a/c controls to internal air only, and slowly drive off.

But then, that’s what I do.

4 Likes

Your in your car. The street is jammed with other cars , and several people start busting through your car windows. Now what? We see it on the internet alot these last few days especially! What do you do?

3 Likes

The obvious answer is shoot those wishing to do you harm. You may or may not have the luxury of pointing your firearm at them to discourage their flagrant violent actions.

3 Likes

Defend yourself.

What is the question? Or, perhaps I should say, why ask the question.

1 Like

Depends. If you have a clear path, take it. It could be behind you. You’re could be justified in hitting the gas, especially if you have kids in the car. Don’t overestimate what your car can drive over. Sorry for being morbid, but not every vehicle can clear those speed bumps.

If you’re armed, you could focus your attention on those breaking into your car. But stay alert because you’re still going to need to get out of there if you find a gap in the line.

In the videos I’ve seen, the protesters will move if you push them out of the way. In other words, you can push through without hurting anyone. But if they’re already breaking your windows, you may not have the luxury of time.

To repeat my Miyagi quote: best defense, no be there.

5 Likes

Sounds like a Broken Arrow scenario, unless you are in a car with 3 other armed people it sounds like your screwed. :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

In my opinion, in a riot defense situation, underestimate your skills and overestimate your opponent. If you say have a plan and I got this, you’re probably screwed. The problem with plans is plans change… Sure if you have a group of 3 friends and a mag loader or two you might make it, but is it really defense at that point? Best idea is to bug out… especially if your family is depending on you.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go with play it smart- don’t put yourself in that situation

7 Likes

You can’t shoot someone for destruction of your property, try to leave the scene by driving out of there. If they attack you with the weapons the are breaking your windows with then you take care of business.

5 Likes

%100 agree with this.

3 Likes

@Dawn Could you please combine this thread with the ten other threads already discussing this.

4 Likes

Don’t do this…

He made these mistakes.

#1: don’t go places where people are rioting.
#2: don’t charge at people with a machete.
#3: bring the right tool for the job and multiple people. (For defense, not assault).
#4: Be willing to use the tool if you’re going to carry it. (For self defense of course).

Just don’t do mistake #1 and this won’t happen :+1:. The video of this man getting beat went viral. It really rubbed me the wrong way. The man was trying to protect local businesses and the rioters beat the tar out of him, checked his pockets for loot and then ran. Its easy to understand the guy. It’s frustrating to see so many businesses beat down during the COVID-19 lockdown, and then this rioting happens.

Best sign of self defense training is never being in a situation you have to use it!

Just wanted to share.

4 Likes

Avoid, escape, evade and remember your car can be a weapon too. You must make an attempt to escape or evade before trying to stop an eminent threat.

5 Likes

Low gear, and let 350 horses do their job. If I can’t drive out of the situation, and the crowd has “weapons,” and the vehicle is now longer enough armor, then “Say hello to my lil frin!”

5 Likes

The simple answer is.
Defend yourself.

If that is by driving through the crowd, do so. If that is drawing your firearm, you defend yourself.

5 Likes