What was the best "DEAL" you ever got on a firearm?

The best deal I ever found was at Fleet Farm for a Springfield Armory XDM .45 w/ 4.5 in. for $500.00. $601.00
after taxes and fees.
When I registered the pistol with S.A. I sent in a photo copy of the store receipt and the next day I received an
email about a deal that month, if you buy a firearm from S.A. you get a free extra accessory kit. 4 mags, holster, mag holder and mag loading tool, worth $230.00.This was 3 years ago and the pistol has been flawless and I ended up with double of everything. :heart_eyes: :+1:

1 Like

Ohhh the one MASSIVE deal I got that I can’t talk about the origins of but the net result was a FREE numbers correct Springfield Armory M1D, a brandy new Springfield Armory National Match M1A in a Macmillan stock WITH an Obermyer barrel, a wad of cash that netted me 30lbs of powder and 100,000 primers and north of 20,000 boolits. The 1994 AWB is the only reason I ever wanted to shake Bill Clinton’s hand.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

I traded a guy a kel-tec P3at strait across for a Springfield Armory .45 Compact. He said that he could not shoot the .45 very well and just wanted something smaller.

2 Likes

I’ll go with the best deal I was ever offered and turned down like an idiot!

Stopped at a local gun shop one Saturday. Had just purchased a couple of pistols recently and was really just stopping in to say hello. They showed me a CZ P07 that was just traded in. Had the Cajunized trigger and was clean as a whistle. He offered it to me for 490 out the door. I kinda looked at him sideways thinking that was a pretty good deal but
, and that’s when he told me it came with 15 factory magazines, 12 unopened and unused, and two brand new holsters IWB and OWB.

Still kicking myself for letting that go

2 Likes

Browning A5 “Sweet Sixteen” Belgium built in 1958 - $100.00

2 Likes

Back in my early teen years I purchased a Stephens 22 rifle for $22.00. A year later I bought a 16ga Mossburg bolt action shotgun for $15.00. I still have both guns.

3 Likes

The best deal was my first deal. A friend gave me a Navy Arms replica of an 1863 Springfield rifled musket, complete with bayonet and cartridge box, in exchange for putting a water pump on his 64 Plymouth. And he paid for the pump.

3 Likes

I got my P365—new—for $399. Not a bad deal.

4 Likes

1918 7X57 Spanish Mauser for free. The owner was afraid to shoot it! It is in excellent shape and shoots like a dream.

2 Likes

When Gander Outdoors was divesting I picked up a Patriot in 308 for 40% off and a XDM-C for 50% off. But my best deal ever was on a 40x. It came with lots of extras from one of the ‘old timers’ at the club . The main cost was a promise to ‘pass it on’ someday. Just as he had done for me.

Uncle Sam has the best deal going on firearms though. He will actually pay you to train and then will issue you some stuff that you just can’t find anyplace else.

4 Likes

A Springfield 1874 trapdoor .45/70 packed in grease at a barn sale for $300. No rust.

2 Likes

I got a Tikka T3 in .270 WSM for the buy it now price of $0.01 on Gunbroker. The seller would not honor the price.

2 Likes

.22 cal pistol at a firearm auction, listed as not working, got it for 10 bucks, new spring cost 7 bucks and they sell on Gunbroker for $450.00.

3 Likes

$69.00 for a Swiss surplus K-31 from Big Five :blush:

2 Likes

I once traded a $20 car stereo (with installation) for a Mossberg 12 gauge bolt action with adjustable choke. the finish on it was crap, but a roll of camo tape fixed that - best turkey gun I ever had

3 Likes

Les Baer Super Tac 1911 .45 
 $950.00

2 Likes

YES!!! Nice one!

2 Likes

HK vp9sk 3 mags, night sights, ctc laser, and a 50$ rebate. 550.00$ in FDE

2 Likes

I purchased my Walther PPS M2 9mm for 279 and then got two 8 rounds mags for 19.95 each all around great deal. The Walther PPS M@ 9mm comes with one six round mag and one 7 round mag.

2 Likes

@Ken45 Nice pistol. Welcome to the community. We are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1: