What is the biggest issue facing gun owners today?

I would have to agree with most, especially the doctors comment. The thoughts that go through my mind are many, but what I believe to be the biggest issue, is the complete lack of either side(Democrats Republicans) to grasp the concept of self-defense. They don’t completely understand the two words that form something that allows you to feel comfortable in your home, work, car, and walking down the streets. Harm comes to find those of us who are middle class and poor, before they find those who live affluent lives. I live and work in a community that has a high crime rate, I see everyday what those who have just given up on challenging those who seek to do them harm. The confidence they had in their youth has passed and given way to fear and intimidation. I have a strong belief that those who live in the middle class or poverty stricken areas, should have the same since of security as those who can afford to pay for things like security, piece of mind, and confidence to know they and their loved ones are safe. Possessing a firearm does not completely give this to them, but, coupled with adequate training, there will be an awesome since of self reliance; a feeling that will allow you to hold your head high. The most amazing thing is learning to fight and defend those you love, most of all, yourself. Knowing you have the skills to live one more day. That’s a GREAT THING!

“Give a man a fish, he/she eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, he/she eats for a life time”. Wise words… #trainlikeufight

2 Likes

I agree with comprehensive gun laws, however they should be written in extreme detail. No broad, vague language. Most of all they should not, at all, infringe on the United States Constitution. A healthy dialogue needs to take place on both sides, without emotions. The UK is having amazing problems with knives. The London Mayor has either proposed, or implemented laws that will keep knives out of peoples hands. That is amazing. I digress, I agree with you in having responsible people having firearms. However, be clear in the persons you are defining in the laws.

Oh, lol, as a firearms instructor, I have never seen a “magazine clip”. I have seen a magazine…

Just a jab, no bad meanings intended. I do thank you for allowing me to comment on your post.

1 Like

This is the kind of mentality we’re up against. The magazine clip comment comes directly from this video. Enjoy the stupidity.
5 Likes

Here is the answer to this video by the one and only Jerry Miculek. Anyone who competes knows whoJerry Miculek is. There has never been anyone like him in history, and there most likely never will be in the future. I have watched his videos for years, and learned so many little things from him, important things that make a huge difference in your match score at the end of the day. For those that don’t know of him, search YouTube for his videos, watch some of them, he’s amazing, and a really great teacher. Enjoy, and God bless.
1 Like

The leftists are trying to implement a massive gun grab. Watch these young people that did not grow up with guns. We need to return to Constitutional Carry nationwide. Criminals are living this. See something, say something. Government officers are not following through. There will always be bad seeds. Be vigilant.

2 Likes

OMG! Is this guy for real?!? First off if I travel with my firearms remind me to NOT VISIT California. As it is with Earthquakes and Fires (those I could probably deal with) people like this would drive me back to drinking. God Bless anyone who lives in that state and has to deal with these laws and lawmakers (I assume that is what he is).

2 Likes

There’s a post going around social media that illustrates what he’s saying as well… this one kills me! I really want to know where they did their research.

Gun%20nuts%20piss%20me%20off%20big3grayazureleaving%20your%20ammunition%20lying%20around_9d5a94_6665855

3 Likes

@Dawn. That is hilarious.

1 Like

Ignorance. Blind loyalty to a group or party. The list could go on forever. I think one of the biggest issues is the lack of mainstream media giving unbiased coverage. Case in point, here in MA, with some of the strictest gun laws, career criminals are regularly arrested for illegal possession of a firearm, many times with it listed as “fourth subsequent offense” and they get no jail time…again!

Last year three LEO, two from MA one in Maine, were killed by these same types of people with lengthy criminal records including weapons charges, one of whom was arrested by the Massachusetts State Police illegally in possession of a firearm a week before he killed a sheriff’s deputy. Why was he out and able to murder someone? Why doesn’t anyone hold the judges or the AG in MA, Maura Healey, accountable, particularly when she is out campaigning for even stricter gun laws? Better yet, why is this stuff NEVER in the news? You can bet if a legal gun owner, member of the NRA or GOAL in MA even slightly screwed up, it would be all over the place!!

3 Likes

This has got to be fake… This guy cannot be that ignorant.

1 Like

His name is “ghost gun” Kevin De Leon. His real name is Kevin Leon, he ran for senate and lost. Now ghost gun, is most likely running for LA city council and then make a run for LA mayor once garcetti terms out. He’s a real gem.

1 Like

That has to be fake, no one can really be that ridiculous. Then again, maybe I’m wrong. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yes, he is a senator, and this video is very real. Did you watch the next video I posted with Jerry Miculek trying to make sense of this? That was pretty funny.

1 Like

And then there are fruit loops like this that have not one shread of human decency, she is like a rash. Listen to what she says, these people are out there, and they’re dangerous to all of us.

1 Like

While I agree the unknown ignorance is frustrating and irritating - and at times somewhat funny, let’s make sure we’re not making sweeping generalizations or calling names.

We want those who don’t understand or aren’t educated in firearms to learn - and we want to make ourselves as approachable as possible so we can provide solid information instead of the hodgepodge of bad information they’re seeing.

While that photo I posted does make me cringe, I’d really love to know where they’re getting their information so I can help correct it and show them the right information. (Although, I’m pretty sure that photo caption is someone taking sarcasm to the extreme… at least I hope it is!)

4 Likes

@Dawn When talking about “the photo” are you talking about the one with sockets in the hand? I’m sure that’s sarcasm.

2 Likes

That’s the one, @KillJoy. I sure hope it is - however I’ve heard people argue that no one should have a semiautomatic handgun. And when I asked how can they defend themselves against an attacker with a gun, they responded they can still have a Glock…

I hope honest, open, and respectful discussions can improve everyone’s gun knowledge, no matter where they’re starting from. :slight_smile:

1 Like

People like Diane Feinstein and the ones who take pictures of sockets and say they’re bullets, can’t be educated, they are purposely trying to piss us off, they are spreading falsehoods and people that don’t know any better believe them. If I call someone a fruit loop, believe me, they have earned it. It’s not in my nature to call names, but there are those exceptions. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I may argue one of your points @Steve-G. I don’t know that they’re purposefully trying to annoy gun owners. I lean toward they need a thorough education on all things firearms.

I remember talking with some liberal friends of my mom who insisted we didn’t need semi-auto handguns, but we could have a glock because that only sort one bullet at a time… after about 5 minutes talking to them I had them straightened out about what a semiautomatic was and they realized how little they knew and how bad the info the media was reporting was.

It turned into an interesting conversation. They were impressed and realized those of us who carry on a daily basis actually are normal people who want to be safe too - just like them.

5 Likes

I quote from Idaho second amendment alliance email regarding the Idaho legislature… "The first bill and the bill the gun grabbers were losing their minds over the most, was Rep. Chad Christensen’s (R-32) bill - H.B. 203 - to expand your ability to carry in K through 12 schools.

With an Enhanced Permit, parents and school administrators would be able to carry their firearms in K-12 schools. This would be a crucial step toward the end of deadly ‘gun free zones!’

We anticipate this bill will have massive opposition during a public hearing from the Bloomberg crowd, and we also anticipate the typical “sky is falling” predictions will come rushing in."

We have approached the local school district, to volunteer as unarmed firearms carriers, just to be watch dogs around schools, during activities, etc. That concept fell on deaf ears, and they tell us “we have it under policy and control, the local police department has it under control.” We have very few resource officers. A few of us instructors have offered free firearms instructions for teachers. WOW that hit the fan! The look on the school boards faces were priceless!

2 Likes