What is the best way to dry fire practice with a Sig MPX?

I own a Sig Sauer MPX and in light of the ammo scarcity and my need to practice I started to investigate options of dry fire practice with my MPX. Since an MPX is different from handguns, those nice SIRT practice guns don’t help me and a SIRT bold is only available for an AR-15. Then there are a number of laser systems available but I have a hard time telling which ones are good. I was also hoping to find a solution where I do not have to pull the charge handle every time after I pulled the trigger.

Do any of you guys own a MPX? How do you dry fire you gun? What system are you using? I would really appreciate your help.

PS: Does dry firing your MPX damage your gun?

1 Like

Get “Snap Caps” training inert ammo.

2 Likes

Dry firing a quality gun will never hurt it. BEST TRAINING IS THE snap caps

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

Thank you.

1 Like

I feel blessed to be part of a community from which I am sure I can learn a lot.

2 Likes

Dry firing? Oh that’s easy. Just crank up the thermostat to 90, open the bolt, jam some sand up in there and wait about 20 minutes. Then try to shoot it :relieved:

… what?

Lol, okay but seriously. You can buy snap caps. They’re fake bullets ment for dry firing and whatever other use you can find for them. That said, it might be okay to dry fire it as is? Read the manual for it, or ask Sig Sauer. Unfortunately to my knowledge you’re going to have to rack the gun every time to reset the trigger. There’s no other way to do it at the moment.

Good luck!

1 Like

First, I’m jealous. The MPX is a great firearm. You won’t hurt it by dry firing or wear it excessively. I don’t know of any system available for it that you won’t have to rack it every time you press the trigger. I’ve been using a laser bullet (cheap from eBay or amazon). And downloaded the free itarget app. It works really well for helping trigger prep and follow through. I have an ISPC race gun with thousands of dry fire cycles with and without the laser and it is still tight accurate and dead reliable. That said, dry fire sessions start by being certain the gun is safe, safe, safe.

2 Likes

I bought some snap caps and a laser bullet. Now I am trying to learn how to properly shoulder the gun, bring up the gun, do mag changes and so forth. Thank your answer. Great relief to know that dry fire won’t damage my gun.

PS: It is a great gun. Love everything about it.

2 Likes