What happens after you Defend Yourself

It was reported as self defense but during the event the public, being conditioned by media and politicians, think it’s Armageddon.

6 Likes

She should have shot a little higher for planned parenthood.

8 Likes

That would never happen if the store was Gun Free Zone. :wink:

10 Likes

We should put those little signs everywhere!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

So simple…

8 Likes

New York State is a very dangerous state for conceal carriers. If your a retired officer or military veteran with a conceal permit. You cannot go into nyc unless you have your license from nyc or unles you have your license from what ever state , town , village you got it from plus you have the HR218 Identification.

NYC hates conceal carriers.

5 Likes

Well i would say the police show up, when that happens hoster your gun. Do what they say, you tell them you were in fear of your life. Point out the perps gun and any other evidence that may be helpful, but i must warn you if this is your first shooting you may experience a upchucking at whatyou have done, it happens to a lot people who have their first-time shooting. But what ever happens help the police see it your way. Stay Alert Don’t Get Hurt :cowboy_hat_face::cactus::sun_with_face::us_outlying_islands::sunglasses::desert::us::+1:

6 Likes

@Fulvio_A Sorry we were late. Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you. :us:

4 Likes

Yep ; no men allowed.

2 Likes

I’m starting to hear saying the above might not be the wisest thing since cops and DAs have heard it too much and are becoming suspicious of it’s use. Is that true?

Where I live in Arizona the police that attended training with us have always Said that even when they are involved in a shooting that they are in fear of their life or others that they are trying to defend.

2 Likes

As long as you stay with that statement all the time there is nothing suspicious. There is nothing wrong to act in accordance with the law.
The same when you say “I do not recall” answering questions during the trial few months after the initial incident. Perhaps it sounds suspicious… but it doesn’t mean it is.

1 Like

I recommend Massad Ayoob’s book Deadly Force - Understanding Your Right to Self Defense.
He lists the phrase “I was in fear for my life.” as one of the myths of self defense because people think just saying it gets you out of trouble. As pointed out above, cops and prosecutors hear it all the time. You must be able to articulate the specific reasons you feared for your life, preferably with evidence.

1 Like

It’s better to articulate nothing and show zero evidence. Just ask for your right to contact attorney. :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Better yet after YOU call 911, call the number on your USCCA Member card. Let the response team tell you what to say, and what to NOT say. Then wait for an attorney to be present during any and all questions.

2 Likes

There is an ongoing active discussion across the self defense and firearm owners communities on this topic; quite a few attorneys advise this very act. I believe it is worth studying the arguments on both sides. I prefer the “tell just enough” advice from expert witness, police officer, and self defense instructor Ayoob, along with selfdefense expert and attorney Andrew Branca.
That said, those who are likely to get diarrhea of the mouth and cannot keep themselves from talking a whole lot more than just enough should follow what @Jerzy said.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Fulvio_A

I could probably get sucked in to saying more than needed if I got the “good cop” acting like he’s my buddy. That’s why I carry the USCCA card in my wallet, to remind me what to do next.

2 Likes

I feel there’s a valuable life-lesson there…

Good you have mentioned this. :+1:

We must be prepared for “I’m your buddy and I’m here to help you” type of cop and never allow ourselves to tell more than just ask for an attorney.

3 Likes

As Ron White once said: I know I have the right to remain silent, I just don’t have the capability.

Describes me to the tee.

4 Likes