What do bullet impacts sound like. Garand Thumb

An interesting development at the end with the car windshield. :thinking:

8 Likes

Close to movie’s effects… :wink:

3 Likes

Very cool and interesting video. I didn’t see a single bullet sparking!
Not off dirt, not even off the corrugated metal! I guess it’s only in the movies will bullets spark of the beach sand, wood and glass.
Gotta love the movies when a .22lr sounds like an RPG going through the windshield! What’s more, is I have got to get me a ranch!

I did notice that we are still hearing a sound that’s been recorded, when on the range things do tend to sound a little different.
It’s the difference between going to the live concert and hearing the same concert recorded on vinyl, tape or cd.

And why is it no one uses a .45 anymore?

4 Likes

9mm Calibre Du Jour. I thought it interesting the .22s penetrated the windshield.

3 Likes

Didn’t expect a .22 to penetrate a windshield. Not with today’s technology in tempered glass.

2 Likes

Depending on the angle, I wouldn’t have thought so, either. Then again, based on what a small pebble kicked up by a truck tire can do to a windshield, I guess it makes sense.

5 Likes

People are getting soft and fragile.

6 Likes

Sounds like stopping the threat could become cheaper and easier.
Could be time to hang it up and frame my .45

NOT! Happiness is a warm .45

6 Likes

22 round has a high velocity. 1070 fps
9 mm has 1150 fps
45 acp has 830 fps
44 magnum has 1350 fps
5.56 - 55 grain bullet has 2340 fps

So, the speed of the 22 the size of it round will penetrate deeper than actually most pistol rounds. Just think about the grain of the bullet and the speed.

Take a phonebook, wait, there isn’t any such thing anymore. and shoot them with the different rounds and the L.A. phonebook stopped the 44 magnum and the 9 but it did not stop the 22.

6 Likes

Blasphemy!

7991ur

7 Likes

I like that!

3 Likes

79928z

6 Likes

10 Likes

That’s a good one. :rofl: Get tore up by cats on the face.

2 Likes

Assault cats?
Somebody is gonna be arrested…

A 2023-01-29 23-40-45

3 Likes

Yep I watched it. Got chance to hear an M60 firing over my head. In basic we had to crawl through a trench with 7.62 cracking overhead. As I recall there were tracers in the mix. a tracer hit the opposite berm rolled in and a soldier picked it up… Not a good idea Tracers are hot and some times dont burn out imediately

4 Likes

Interesting post.

With “this brand”, though description as Muzzle Velocity: 1,850 FPS, I thought I saw a You-Tuber use a chronograph, and while some fell below 1,850 FPS, some were over 2,000 FPS, with a rifle. I had never heard of a .22 faster than this to exist - in the world.

I’ve tried this brand at the range, and have a box for hunting. I found it accurate, good quality.

When our youngest family member shot with his great - great -papa’s rifle ( ’ 2022 ammunition meets mid 1930’s rifle technology ), using this brand, it was a special memory.

Not easy to find, but are out there.

Estimates: $15-$20 / box of 50.

3 Likes

Thanks, this reminds me, I need to get more 22 ammo!

5 Likes

Speaking of silly sound effects. Ever noticed how movies will have tire squeal out on a dirt road like it was on a paved road?

2 Likes

Interested video. I was surprised on how the wood deflected the bullet so much.

1 Like