What are your thoughts on this

Funny parody. But other than trying to race bait I don’t see a purpose for it.

6 Likes

When the conversation takes a racial twist I prefer not to comment on anything because it seems to get twisted. Here we go again. What’s the world coming to? I know that racism exists but I don’t let it define me. I was brought up by different standards. What certain people like is drama. And I will not get hooked into this. My NYPD Sargent used to say “ Johnny don’t get hooked “ and I will never forget his advice. I love all people even the ones who did me wrong. But it doesn’t mean to continue having them in your circle. If you hang out with racist you can become one. My grandma used to say “ Tell me who you hang with and I’ll tell you who you are”. Thats as much as I am going to comment.

6 Likes

I have not seen any racist or bigoted comments in these threads on the USCCA site, save two, you and a poster on this thread, and the poster on that thread was slapped by everyone posting in rebuttal, but not “back-slapping” him.

In your limited time here in this forum, it would be good of you to provide the threads where you claim to have seen that reprehensible behavior so it can be appropriately addressed as that behavior is unacceptable here. Also, you should be aware there are numerous women and minorities that regularly post here, so if what you claim is true, it is highly unlikely to have been accepted by us here.

4 Likes

Sorry, but your 'you are racist if you think you are not BS is just that. BS.

Many on here do not have a problem with any race, if you have a problem being black, it sounds like something you need to consider and reflect on.

You phrase things to indict anyone who is white or whatever race you currently do not like… and as I and other have said, your reaction, no matter what is said, is to continue to hold the other person guilty. As with Virgil_H, you have made up your mind, you are not being honest in your claim to discuss anything.
I do not care what color you are, race has nothing to do with someone being an A-hole. A-holes come in all colors.

Now, if you want to discuss firearms, fine. If you want to push an agenda and consistently identify as a ‘black’ gun owner, instead of a ‘gun owner’, that is your problem.

There is no white privilege, it is a political construct to try to make someone guilty for something they did not do, for a vague non-crime… all based on skin color.
There is no white guilt, that is also a political construct, and intended to create a guilt for nothing more than skin color.
Reverse it and see how it goes.

Now, are you a ‘gun owner’ or a ‘black gun owner’?

And are you here to learn, or just incite.

Which threads, which comments, provide a starting point for any discussion. Since we do not know which threads, which comments, we can not consider your comment and consider the context of the comments.

7 Likes

I’ve not accused anyone of anything. I am asking a question. it seems to me that you’re unable to tell what my questions are so let me ask it a bit more direct (to which someones feelings will get hurt)

Here’s the question;

Have you noticed there are very few non-whites in the gun community?

If you’ve noticed it before, have you ever wondered why?

If you have, have you ever wondered if your actions, words or responses could make someone feel uncomfortable?

Let’s take for instance, BLM. Clearly, many black people are pro BLM. Have you ever thought "I am against BLM and outside of what my friends friend said, or what I THINK to be wrong, I’ve never really questioned why I think it’s wrong?

If you see someone that doesn’t look like you in the gun community, do you befriend that person? You totally don’t have to, but just general questions that I have.

I guess what I’m saying is I don’t feel very welcomed here. The vibe I get from many of the people here, is that people who look like me are better either silent or in 100% agreement. Which means it’s not a place to discuss guns, it’s more of a jerk fest. Take a look at some of the hostile responses here.

The one that brings it up the most is normally the worst

1 Like

Racism exists, but in the US there is no institutionalized racism.

The problem is, some of those who like to accuse others of being racist, are the racists and seek only to confirm their own hatred for others… by accusing them falsely…

5 Likes

I am very well aware of the rules. It’s funny you are so threatened you want to silence me. Maybe instead of being internet hall monitor, you should do some reflecting and see why t his post bothers you so?

We did discuss it and it was some great talks! You were able to look at your bias and help point out some of my own. We walked away disagreeing respectfully and with friendship.

But take a look at some of the responses here. Notice how they are replying instead of answering the question.

You are right. Your posts alone makes me have no desire to ever know someone like you. You’re incapable of looking at yourself honestly. When asked, you want to attack and call names. I’m not bothered by it mind you, I really don’t care. But my point is to show exactly what I showed in you.

Actually, I have seen a considerable number of non-whites in the gun community… I have also seen a significant number of women in the gun community.

Confusing question… but to put it bluntly, BLM is a terrorist organization and is a Marxist leftist anti-Constitution hate group. Are there some that actually think BLM is just a peaceful protesting group, perhaps, but the BLM leaders themselves claim they are Marxist.

Does not look like me? You mean they are fat or skinny or blond or freckled faced… or just black? I do not befriend just anyone, no matter what color, but I speak to everyone. I have been told I have never met a stranger…

WOW! Guess what, when you come in and start making accusations, start inciting a racist issue, and act as if you are the victim and everyone else is guilty, you might not ‘feel the warmth’. Come in, talk about firearms, holsters, (neither are a racial issue), talk about ammunition (not a racial issue), talk about state laws or the US laws in general (not a racial issue), talk about home security and defense and self defense issues (not racial issues)… see, there are MANY issues to discuss, and they have no racial context.

Again, do you truly want to discuss anything or just play race games. Your choice.

10 Likes

See, herein lies the problem; instead of truly trying to understand what white privilege is (something you brought up, not me) you are dismissing it as a whole. You’ve never taken a moment to learn what it is and that’s evident by the comment the rest of your post here made.

It sounds as if you are incapable of looking at yourself honestly, and at this point, I expect this to be closed rapidly.

5 Likes

I can and do more than you’ll ever know guy.

And why do you guys keep begging for this to be closed? The mod has already replied lol. You really have no interest in learning about yourself.

Sounds like the conversation with Ben B. last night. Pointless! And a waste of time. And for his amusement.

6 Likes

But, you have.

I asked for the thread. @Dawn asked for the thread, for as she said, such behavior is contrary to our community guidelines. Unless I missed a post along the way (I’m on my phone), you haven’t supplied it.

Have I notice a lack of diversity in these forums? I have not. That’s not unusual, given that we aren’t required to give our real names or use a photograph.

Have I noticed a lack of diversity elsewhere among gun owners? I have not. When I am at the range, I am focused on what I hope to accomplish at that session, not on the apparent race of the others around me.

5 Likes

– I don’t really befriend people that look like me so why would I befriend someone that doesn’t look like me (I’m a bit of an introvert believe it or not). As an RSO I try and make sure all guests (regardless of race) have a safe and enjoyable experience at our range.

5 Likes

I dismiss white privilege because it DOES NOT exist.

You have proven beyond a doubt, your only intent is to incite, to play race games, and instead of discussing firearms and holsters and self defense (ALL NON RACIAL ISSUES), you want to incite.

If you have a problem with your skin color, seek professional counseling.

I can not speak for everyone, but most here do not care about skin color, whatever skin color you are… .but we might find it offensive if you are a jerk.

6 Likes

I’ve not accused anyone of anything. I stated I’ve seen outwardly racist remarks and comments. Now insert the paragraph where you tell ME what I’ve seen and not seen. You TELL me what and how I am to identify someone, because YOU know how to define what I see for me.

But we’re good. I wanted to have an open and honest convo about it and I was met by more of what I saw previously here lol. I’m not mad, more sad that a company I willing give money to, allows such trash people here. What the heck is with the guy bringing up BLM and white privilege? LOL I was no where near that but he had to throw it and his prejudiced and very ignorant comments in it lol. And you say its me? Yes, I’m the one that made you look in the mirror, but we good.

I can’t get what I want here (not surprised at all) so I’ve muted all replies to this. I tried to get more from here but most of you guys just can’t get over how you want me to think and feel.

I will say goodbye in the way that I do when someone is dead to me;

Peace be unto you.

I was about to ask you in my initial response, whether you wanted honest discussion dialogue or if you wanted to just teach folks about themselves…thanks for answering.

I hope Dawn doesn’t close the thread and I hope the discussion can continue without getting sideways/personal etc. I think the challenging of ideas is extremely important regardless of what side of the argument you are on…otherwise, how do you know you’re taking the right position or have thought through it from all angles.