Well-Armed Neighbors Make Good Neighbors | USCCA

Before all the quarantines, lockdowns and stay-at-home orders, my husband and I had a very exciting day at the shooting range. No, we didn’t get perfect zero-down targets for an entire IDPA match. No, we didn’t get to buy and try a brand-new firearm. And no, we didn’t meet the President, win the lottery or train with Benghazi warrior Kris Paronto (yet?!?!). Those would all be pretty awesome happenings, but we did experience something rather unusual — and pretty surreal.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/well-armed-neighbors-make-good-neighbors/
2 Likes

I second that Dawn. So many people don’t know the people who live around them, it sure isn’t what it used to be. I’m genuinely happy for you and your family and your neighbors. :+1:

1 Like

Another great article by Beth. Kudos!

1 Like

Just don’t chase down and shoot some one who is out for a morning jog!!

1 Like

That’ is a fortuitous article! My own fence is falling down on all sides the last 2 years, and my adjacent neighbors thus far are fine with it. We’ve been postponing cost sharing its replacement, but a windstorm last week has made it … really bad. I will bring it up again, and shoot for a well-armed neighbor two-fer!

1 Like

It appears the risks to suburbia is increasing. For example: Armed St. Louis couple comes out waving AR-15 at BLM protesters - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

What do we do with this? What is the threshold for fear for one’s safety from a mob of tens, or hundreds, at the edge of, or even on, one’s property?