Weapon Light for Rifle

AR"s, 14.5" and sold the 12.5" set up to a neighbor.

2 Likes

I will look into these lights, thank you!

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

In the “budget” category, I think it’s pretty much the only choice.

IMO (I own or have owned them all) the best budget choice is a protac rail mount. The best best choice is Cloud Defensive.

1 Like

Trust me, my goal is to one day own a cloud defensive light! But thanks for your input! Good to know it works.

1 Like

I have a PL-2 and like the flexibility and convenience of using standard batteries.

3 Likes

Surefire is great I carried one in Iraq and it is still going strong, 15 years later but I don’t use weapon mounted lights, I was trained to aim at the light

6 Likes

My wife and I have been carrying these on our key rings for past 15 years. Great for dark parking lots, not just for lighting the way! Over time with wear and tear I think we’ve sharpened the bezels. They still allow us on planes and in court rooms!

5 Likes

I have the exact same one. I love it.

1 Like

But, were you also trained to positively identify your target before shooting it?

Having the option to use a light is probably a good thing.

1 Like

I can positively identify the target, my night vision is much better than the normal person and I didn’t say I don’t use a light, it’s in my off hand held away from my body

Are there any particular tips or tricks you’d like to share on holding a flashlight away from your body to ID a threat while using a rifle? I’ve never been able to wield a rifle well one handed

Who said a rifle? In my house it’s a pistol

The title of the thread is “Weapon Light for Rifle”

The product asked about is for attachment to a long gun, usually a rifle.

Not talking handguns ITT ATM. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m with Virgil on this one. It took me a while to find a good IWB holster that would take my Glock 41 with a Streamlight. But now that I have it. I put a Streamlight on my EDC pistol and a couple of my AR’s.

4 Likes

For pistols, streamlight TLR-1 HL is my preferred light. I’ve done streamlight, sureifre, olight, inforce, arisaka, cloud defensive…the most failures I’ve encountered were with surefire. Then olight, and even my arisaka failed after an all night class in the rain.

Cloud Defensive and Streamlight are where I’ve landed. Though my one shotgun does have a Surefire X-300 UA that seems good, not that I’ve really tested it to know

*The multiple different Surefire failures were complete failures, bricked. The Arisaka would put out a really dim constant light and not turn completely off, draining the battery, during/after the night in the rain

3 Likes

I think too that they offer a whole lot for the money.

As an aside for a rifle light, here is my TLR-RM2 that I have on my FPC. 1000 lumen with a green laser. It is a terrific light/laser combo.

4 Likes