War, Battle. Duty Belts

who has experience with what some call the war belt among other names? I find them as cool as the under side of a pillow. Your thoughts?

3 Likes

I am not familiar with the term “war belt” but in the Army we had “web belts” (about 3 inches wide).

Served great for hanging stuff off of but it would only take so much before you had to connect your “web harness” (think of a shoulder holster rig but attach to the belt) to it to help support the weight with your shoulders.

It was adjustable (not always easily depending on the model you had) and meant to be worn over the outer most clothing (including jackets). With a little thought it could be used for lots of things it was never designed for.

edited for spelling

3 Likes

I have one from https://www.highspeedgear.com/ and absolutely love it. Very versatile and can be either a stand alone piece of gear or compliment a chest rig or plate carrier. It certainly is not something I wear everyday however it is part of my active shooter kit so it does travel alot.

4 Likes

@Chester Here are some ideas.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Lots and lots of ideas on you-tube. :+1:

3 Likes

I’ll be researching Click belt thank you.

1 Like

I still have my old duty belts (Class A glossy and class B web) from my sheriff days. I have not used them because they are not practical for concealed carry.

1 Like

High threat was the company that I first researched. They are very expensive but they have the formability that I’m looking for. tight to the body and NO MOLLE.

1 Like

YES i’VE WORN THEM FOR MANY YEARS, AND EVERYTHING YOU’VE SAID IS EXACTLY RIGHT. however to get surplus web or pistol belts and convert them to Range or war belts donsn’t seem to hard to me. Maybe that is the way I should go. Sorry for the caps

1 Like

Blue Force Gear belt.
Safariland QLS system
Huckleberry Tactical Holsters
ACT iFAK

1 Like

put your links in so that I can research.

1 Like

I’ve been a fan of “Rigger’s Belts” (the all velcro belts that fold back on themselves)since they came out for wear in regular britches or BDU’s they do hold a bit of weight but are a bit too “bendy” for serious use. I have used my daily belt (Bianchi B21 Contour) to carry more than it was designed for but being leather it is not “Tacticool” approved. Having gone down range from Panama in 1988 with Vietnam era LBE stuff to Iraq and Trashcanistan and a bunch of places in between I am fairly well sold on plate carriers or Molle vests if I need to hang a bunch of stuff off my hide and be able to shoot, move and communicate.

The one thing I will strongly suggest is that you balance your load. If you are carrying a pistol on the belt you want something equally as heavy on the other side. I don’t like a lot of stuff on my back and if I am carrying stuff on the back I want it to ride below the “horizon” of the belt and I want it to be soft. So a med kit / pouch is not a bad idea as it turns into a “Use this on ME” pouch and most everything is soft. I found that if you use a drop leg holster you should also run a drop leg pouch or mag carrier on the other side. There was a study a few years back that equivocated load carry to different parts of the body. The part that I remember is if you put 2.5 lbs on your leg it is the equivalent to 19 lbs on your chest/back as far as effort required to move it. One sided weight was EXCEEDINGLY hard on the back and hips, so weight distribution IS a major factor… I have the Blackhawk padded duty belt and I ran it down range but it was more of a PITA than a help as my drop leg rig was attached to my "hold my pants up " belt as opposed to my “war gear” which always included a plate carrier vest simply because if I had to get “skinny” the drop leg was still there. Dunno if that helped or not as it is all down to personal preference.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Here is the belt in my kit: Shop | TYRTactical

Got the suspenders for it too, in case something goes bump in the night and I don’t have time to put on real clothes first, it can hang over my shoulders before the inner belt buckle is fastened around the waist.

One issue I have with this belt is it creeps upward, especially when bending at the waist to pick up dropped items. Some of the other belts suggested here by others use Velcro to attach outer belt to inner belt which is threaded through belt loops, or the system integrates with belt loops directly.

3 Likes