Walther PPKS 22lr

Have you had any issues with screws coming loose on the P17?

1 Like

@Scoutbob after 500 rounds the two screws on the top of the slide did (the ones everyone think are for a red dot) but a little lock tight and no problems on any screws since. I talked to Kel-Tec about it and all P17s now have lock tight on those screws. Other than that I’ve put all kinds of ammo through it and it keeps on running. One of these days after 2000 + rounds I think I will clean it, the break down is easy just take the slide off. Have a good one.

1 Like

I bought a PPKS 22 in black a few months ago. It has become one of my favorites. And when I thread my Dead Air Mask silencer on it it IS my favorite. I can’t tell you how much fun it is. I’m left handed and this gun is all wrong for me. But it’s so much fun and accurate even with its very basic sights.

It being an import, I stripped, cleaned and lubed it before taking it to the range. I didn’t just shoot it right out the box.

I did have some failure to fire with cheap federal ammo but because it’s a SA/DA I just pulled the trigger again and bang. Blazer, all kinds of CCI and Winchester were all flawless.

I like this pistol so much I sold my M&P 22 Compact and bought another black PPKS for my safe and the nickel PPKS for the range. IMO the black is nicer looking.

Is it metal or plastic?

I read up on it. Very interesting. However, does any one know if the new and latest brand of this Walther PPKS 22lr only comes in a “threaded” barrel? I’m searching for if it’s made without the threading and where it’s sold. Gratitude.

:grinning: