During this time it would almost be the last thing any American or Human Being world wide might think about.
HOWEVER, I’m not sure when I was hacked, but only became more clear after this pandemic started. I’ll lay out a few things that I’ve learned over the past few days and pray it helps and to stay PROTECTED from identity theft as for myself, not so lucky…
(A) I was sim swapped
-My security system was hacked
-Television [Smart TV] breached
-All Email Accounts
-Student Black Board Account with Student Email
-Data from my cellure phone for the whole month was used by them…[In other words, I don’t have 4G until next month]
(B) The Attacker got into my bank but was unable to send money[Assuming this was international, therefore, the bank declined to pay]
Tips Supplied By Equifax, Norton—Life Lock & and various others:
(1) Scammers are looking to steal your information most are susceptible to falling victim due to our current situation.
(2) Phishing Scams are those in-which they use numerous methods to pry certain information from you such as answers to security questions but not limited to tricking you out of passwords, users, and even bank account numbers.
NO REAL COMPANY would dare ask you for passwords to your account. THEY DON’T NEED THEM!
(3) IF asked to provide social, ask to verify another way such as Birthday, Phone number, or anything other than Social Security Number! IF it’s critical such as a bank, see if you may go to a branch directly.
(4) Report any suspicious behavior too authorities, and call any but one of the major credit burrows to freeze your credit.
(5) Change all and every password. DON’T USE THE SAME ONE TWICE!
(6) Senior Citizens have been prime targets. [Although, I’m 27 therefore, don’t be fooled by age]
Lastly, I was made aware of this one by a friend on social media, Her FaceBook account was hacked and the user sent all sorts of graphic messages to make others think it was her! Imagine if this was a co-worker, possibly boss! Worse than the loss of a job, loss of a friend…
YOU WOULD NEVER SEE THE MESSAGE but this could cause people to think the message in-which in my guess, not nice stuff, possibly perverted was YOU!
Scary stuff, but thankfully, I just dealt with headaches of securing my info but feel exposed…Like I walked out naked to the mailbox and back inside, speaking metaphorically.