Utah State Capitol - Guns allowed inside?

First I’ve heard of this but then again, during the riots last year there were a lot of armed people on the Capitol grounds. I can say with certainty, many of our legislators are armed in there.

4 Likes

“There are no deer or birds in here to hunt,” he said.

Now that’s funny. :rofl:

Yup, better fortify the Capitol (The Peoples House) while we can. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Until Northam decided that law-abiding citizens should be feared, we were “allowed” to carry at the Capitol and within the government builds - as long as we had CHP permits. Then the huge rally occurred and they decided to try to suppress our protest and banned that. Most ironic of the then allowance, knives were still banned, as CHPs only “allowed” handguns.

The Capitol Police, though, “allowed” us to also carry knives as they said - as i heard one state - we are allowed handguns, what’s the point of banning knives? Back then, I had the guard screening me hand me back my pocket knife stating don’t show it. I was CC, why would I show a pocket knife? I was, like, of course, no problem.

2 Likes

Years ago, I enjoyed playing a computer text game that had a robot sidekick character. Whenever I typed “Save,” he would say “Oooh! Are we going to try something dangerous?” as if I was up to no good.

When legislators start stripping rights, imposing restrictions, or limiting access, you know someone’s up to no good.

New Mexico State Capitol, January, 2021
Bonus: Look at the name of the firm supplying the barrier, American Fence.

3 Likes

If schools are a NO GUN area, why not make the Capital the same kind of target? I mean safe place!

2 Likes

That fence would stop no one. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Agreed. But that’s not the point, of course.

More to the point, there was no one to stop, and why would they think there was? Because they knew they themselves were up to no good?

3 Likes

The fence is what happens when the Government doesn’t trust the people and the people don’t trust the Government.

3 Likes