Using Both Hands with Both Eyes Shooting

I’m really sorry you face this situation Jesse. I really hope it improves.

3 Likes

Thank you, no worries it’s very minor and don’t have any effect on my ability to see.
My vision is still perfect, I only use glasses for reading only.

3 Likes

I’m just going with that. SUCKS.

2 Likes

Hmm the set I ordered comes with the magnifier lenses and regular lenses.

3 Likes

I picked this option to be able to use both Eyes individually, open both eyes and both Hands, like I said in the beginning of the thread.
It took me 20 minutes to train myself on it.
Just look at picture I loaded to see where I put the tag to cover the magnification section of the left lens.
Good luck with yours.

2 Likes

I am right handed and left eye dominate. I cannot shoot with both eyes opened I have tried. So I aim with my left eye and shoot right handed with handguns and shoot long guns left handed. I do train firing weak handed but not as often as I should.

3 Likes

I normally shoot righted both eyes open. I do practice week hand, every time I shoot. My problem is I am accurate, with rounds down range. But weak hand drill shooting I have to shoot 50 rounds before I have consistent acquisition.

3 Likes

I have degenerative arthritis through out my body and am a bit disabled. I shoot pistol both hands and right eye. Haven’t tried left eye yet. Losing right hand strength and left arm strength, both with pain. Pushing through it for more than 24 years. Several surgeries done and more coming. NEVER give up. Family and Country depend on you. Took Oath in '82 and defending today.

6 Likes

@Michael15 you said the best thing ever “Never Give Up”. That’s exactly what saved my life several times.
God bless!

3 Likes

Check this, it might help.

https://www.eaglegunrangetx.com/shooting-with-both-eyes-open/

3 Likes

Thanks @Jesse - I’m gonna give this a try without my SSP Eyes. It’s not like in a self defense situation I’m going to have eyes with me.

4 Likes

I’ve started training mostly with my eyes just as they now are… can’t count on having my glasses. Its actually improved my accuracy because I’m now doing the Same thing every time

3 Likes

When I have to switch to my weak side I’ll just close my right eye and roll. I don’t even try to use the sights left handed though and simply focus on target.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Michael15!

3 Likes

Just a quick thank you to those who have shared their service stories on this feed. You guys are the reason we stay free and the heroes that allow us the privilege of continued freedoms. So again THANK YOU.
I have been training right eye/left eye right hand then right eye/left eye for the left hand and have been working on the both eyes open stuff for a while at differing distances. Has been a challenge but has “opened my eyes” to some things in my mechanics. Loved the link above on shooting with both eyes open, Jesse thanks for sharing, was very informative.

5 Likes

Thank you for the tips and the link to the article. I have always been right handed and left eye dominate. I would close my right eye. I cannot close my left and leave my right opened. So I have always shot a long gun left handed. I have never been able to keep both eyes open. I tried your suggestion and I was successful. Now I should mention that last year I had lasik eye surgery and I no longer wear glasses. I believe this is the reason for my success. I can now shoot handguns and long guns with both eyes open. My accuracy is good but my speed is slow. Lots of practice is warranted. Thanks again

3 Likes

I’m glad I can help @Lawrence.
Practice is the key word.

2 Likes