UPS Cancels Shipments from Internet Sites which deal in Guns and accessories

On July 1st, 2022, UPS notified various internet resellers that they would no longer accept shipments and current shipments in transit from them would be destroyed. Thus far I am only aware of Ghost Guns and Brownells being notified but would not be surprised that at other sellers having been contacted.

I believe this may be kneejerk a reaction to a letter sent out by a few Senators sent out to 28 shipping companies in May referencing lax shipping security. The letter was signed Senator Ed Markey (D-Mass). Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), and Chris Murphy (D-Conn.).

I believe this is an attempt to block 2nd Amendment Rights by curtailing the ability to ship legal gun related items.

The story on shipments being stopped is here:

The Senators letter can be viewed here:

Please keep in mind that this shipping method has been used by both resellers and manufactures not only to ship to the end customer but to keep stores stocked. It is important that we watch these attempts to sidestep the 2nd Amendment. Be aware when picking shipping options that if this has happened to some it could easily spread to other businesses.

3 Likes

Outrageous but not surprising.
I don’t understand the legality of UPS destroying anything in shipment though. UPS should have to pay back to the seller the value of anything they destroy.

5 Likes

Who at UPS will ATF go after for illegally destroying NFA items? Or is “destroyed” code for “it’s in my safe now.”?

8 Likes

Is it not somehow a breach of contract for them to destroy something you ordered and paid for and paid to have delivered?

12 Likes

I find this hard to believe. I just got a case of 9mm delivered by UPS. Are they going to stop shipping ammo?

7 Likes

Hard to believe, especially if UPS is regulated as a common carrier under various laws.

5 Likes

I really can’t speak for the truth of the article but have seen the information repeated by other carriers. It would be nice if it’s all fake but again I am just posting the article. As for the letter sent to shippers that was posted on the Senator’s web page so pretty sure that went out.

5 Likes

A little more insight perhaps. :thinking:

4 Likes

So, it seems this isn’t a one off but rather a peek into what’s happening.

5 Likes

Here is a video that Jared with Guns and Gadgets did a couple of days ago when the news first came out about this. It is definitely very concerning

6 Likes

I put an order in the basket on the Freedom Munitions site last night, and the “free shipping” sale is still shipped via UPS.
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right…

6 Likes

@mattm ,
Stuck in the middle with you. Steelers Wheel.

6 Likes

Always had trouble with: Steel Eyed Span, Steely Dan The Pittsburgh Stealers(song) Pittsburgh Steelers Football Team and Jim Dandy to the rescue.

2 Likes

Interesting since when you ship UPS you can opt for the shipping insurance, which states if anything happens, you are reimbursed the insured amount.

2 Likes

Here is Jared’s most recent video from earlier today going into a little more detail with this for those interested:

2 Likes
2 Likes

UPS delivered my shipment from Palmetto State Armory (PSA) on Thursday, July 7.

I have an additional shipment from PSA due next Tuesday, July 12. The shipper is UPS - now I am getting nervous …

Edit: Just checked the status - it moved another 200 miles towards destination today

6 Likes

I just talked with the order desk at Brownells and they said my order would be shipped fedex. They are not sending anything via ups. She did say that their people are talking to the ups folks about working out some kind of an arrangement. It’s interesting, since none of the items were firearm specific and only used for maintenance.
I’m sure this is just some more of the restrictions that everyone blindly voted for.

5 Likes

I vowed to never do business with them. Back during the prior ammo shortage, They took my order but never shipped ammo. They got to a point where they cancelled the order, moving me to the end of the line.

None for me, thanks.

3 Likes

I hear you all. I am required to drive outside of my own city, in order to purchase ammunition or firearms, and I am not allowed ammunition delivery to my home address. Went to the gun shop a few days ago, stock was on the low side, but not as low as a year ago. The staff there were pretty cool though, almost as if they appreciate the customers more today.

4 Likes