TruGlo Night Sight Model Comparisons

Work… :confused:

2 Likes

I admit, I don’t go out much at night, but I park in a dark area at my house, lights can go out if you park in a well lit area. Anytime I am out at night, or close to night, I want a flashlight. Granted, so far I have only used it to watch out for snakes, but you never know.

Plus, these days you can get a pretty bright light that is the size of your ring finger. Not like the old days with the 6V megabattery!

1 Like

I go to bed every night and it is dark.

2 Likes

My backyard/property at night. Hunting, going into the woods before sunrise and coming out at night. For walks with the wife and dog after sunset, night walks are nice in the summer. To the beach after dark. Anywhere if it’s dark and there is a power failure. And when things go bump in the night in my house there is a light/laser attached to my Glock 17.

I like options and capabilities…

3 Likes

So, now for the 64 dollar question, do I:

1. Use a brass punch to remove and replace sights?

2. Buy a sight pusher? It looks like a decent one is north of $100.

3. Take it to a gunsmith and offend him/her because I didn’t buy sights from them?

1 Like

Take it to a gunsmith and offend him/her because I didn’t buy sights from them?

Gunsmith does a job on your firearm. He doesn’t need to sell you parts for it.
This is the less expensive and perfectly done job with sights.

I’ve chosen this option several times already, spent totally less than $100 and never seen single scratch on my handguns. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sight Pusher Sight Pusher Tool with Heavy-Duty Construction and Reversible Gunsmithing Tools and Engineering Tools Assembly for Handguns by WIREGEAR
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZQF7G79/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0AZKPA548SMHJRB6ERE7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I own one and HIGHLY recommend it. It paid for itself quickly!

4 Likes

That looks like a pretty good design. I have a cheaper one but it takes a lot of futzing around with to get the frame locked in at the right height and only works well on slides with perfectly straight sides like Glocks.

I also have a local gun shop that I have done some business with that will swap sights for me no charge. But I prefer to do it myself to make sure I get everything lined up precisely.

2 Likes

I prefer to do the work myself plus I can take this to the range to fine tune., this unit is vary high quality and not too Kong ago it would ha cost much more. It’s EXACTLY the same as the one sold as Wheeler Engineering.

4 Likes

One time I purchased a set of sights at an LGS and the gunsmith installed for free while I waited.

However, I bought a sight pusher. Used it several times for installation and adjusting after initial install. I’d consider it worth the price just to be able to do it yourself.

4 Likes

My Dad thought me to buy the right tools for the job. I inherited all of his tools when he passed. I have fortunately been able to use quite a few of them, even though I didn’t expect to use as many as I have. The most recent is these C-clamp style vise grips as I am building an outdoor kitchen with metal/nonflammable framing:

You just never know when a specific tool will make everything so much easier :+1:

2 Likes