Three most important things in your bug out bag?

Trauma kit not just tourniquet

3 Likes

I don’t have a general first aid kit it my bug out or backup bag. I have basic hygiene items and medications that (I’m supposed to) take daily. I’ll

2 Likes

I picked water purifier, firestarter and compass. Most of the other items I consider EDC, like spare ammo, ifak, and TQ. Carry those daily with my sidearm and back up mag. Also, gotta have training on all items or they are worthless!!

1 Like

Hello Zee!
Not sure what you do but perhaps we all should help you find yourself another job that’s closer, or maybe a new home near your job. You should definitely when the award for most dedicated employee.

Perhaps mapping out an in between point for rest & to store additional supplies for your journey.

Good luck!
T

2 Likes

Enough food and water for at least 7 days. Other should include at least $1000 in small bills

2 Likes

Pretty much everything on the list.

2 Likes

5 days for 4 people.

2 Likes

The Boys Scout Handbook.

3 Likes

There really isn’t a correct answer as every situation is going to be different, @Dan22. A multitool would be a great thing to have, what other items are priority to you?

1 Like

Bandanna, filters water, can be a tourniquet and can use as an air mask. I’m ex military and have 36 years as a paramedic/ER nurse.

4 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Roy8! Glad to have you here!

3 Likes

:grin: medical device engineering consultant… I go where the client is because theres no medical device companies near where I live. The nature of being contract is that I never know where I’m going to be working. So we picked where we want to live… Missouri. And I commute to the work.

It’s a looong days drive home, and sometimes I stop halfway and do it in two parts. If I had to walk, though, it would really really suck.

Welcome to the group!

1 Like

High energy bars. Tourniquet first aid kit. If you got to grab the go bag. It will be a situation in which you can’t stop. You should carry most of that stuff on you!

SOTG…
SOMETHING SHARP
SOMETHING BRIGHT
SOMETHING LETHAL
SOMETHING MEDICAL

You do that, and all you do then is eat, drink and be cautious !

3 Likes
  • Water/ survival straw,

• Food (4) MRE’s, the average rescue is within 7 days. 4 MRE meals can be 1/2 giving 8 days worth of food and still supply necessary nutrients.

• Firestarter

3 Likes

Always pack a 72 hour full load out pack of related items; Level 2 trauma first aid kit, 2/25 year shelf life gear emergency food rations (3600 Calories Bars) total 18; 9 bars in one block. 3 gallon hydration pack; LifeStraw water filter. Cuts out 99% of bacteria. 5 on hand 16oz waters! Flavor Electrolytes and antioxidants mixers just add water. Solar powered charger device 3 days of charge until recharge needed. 3 molle pack with flashlights, 30W Tactical Laser, tourniquet/shears. Emergency blankets, poncho, gloves, air seed clothing saves on space. Multiple tools, knives and various daily health and hygiene necessities for all types of weather. Israeli gas mask. and most important IOSAT Potassium Iodide (30 tablets)…
Of course 200 rounds 9mm. 42 lbs total in weight…
If needed all 3 vehicles packed with full load out best helmets, gear, ammo first aid kits etc…

2 Likes

A gun of course!

3 Likes

ALWAYS!!! Open Carry 9mm and stored .45 ACP / AR-10 / AR-15 enough mags needed in my all vehicles trunk/safes cases finger point recognition, mag locks and trigger locks…

On the real I’ll forget my cell phone before I forget my best friend…

2 Likes

At least 5 MRE or freeze dried meals minimum.

If I can only pick three items: A gun for self defense. Food and water until one can access survival status situation which will rapidly continue to change. An adapt, improvise, overcome mindset for survival.

3 Likes

Really I don’t have a “Bug-Out” bag. I have a “Bug-In” bag. My wife is handicapped and would have no capability to go anywhere. She always say if the SHTF we’d go “down home”. That would be Grundy, VA. I know in a SHTF situation there’d be a snowball’s chance in hell we could drive 8 hours to get there. I keep as much ammo and survival supplies as I possibly can. Without her meds she wouldn’t last very long.

3 Likes

I am an old guy so I went with water purification, knife and fire starter. Drink, use knife to obtain food, shelter and make weapons, and man must have fire.

2 Likes