They call the Bud-Lite boycott Economic Terrorism. But

We boycott Bud Lite and are called ASSHOLES by Garth Brooks. But it’s okay for the climate nuts to be militant and invoke terrorism. WTF?

8 Likes

Folks need to stop using the word “terrorism.”

There could be an interesting conversation about boycotts and cancel culture. Why are the political nerds so gung-ho about boycotting everything they disagree with?

BTW, I can’t boycott something I already don’t buy, and it’s not a boycott if I simply decide not to buy it, anymore. Boycott might be another word they need to stop using.

7 Likes

Tlaib has to be one of the most repulsive organisms on the planet, and we’re stuck with her in our congress. I can’t comprehend it. I have a hard time believing that she actually gets real votes from real citizens, but that’s a different topic.

Personly, I consider myself a pretty strong advocate for the environment. I grew up outdoors, fishing and sometimes hunting, and I come from a long line of outdoorsmen hunters. We all love nature more than about anything on earth. Having said that, I also have a background in art, and come from a long line of artists, and I really appreciate the irreplaceable cultural history of human art. Any ship for brains that thinks they’re going to get me on their side by destroying irreplaceable cultural and artistic history is so full of crap you could dump it all into AOC’s gaping pie hole and still be a few hundred pounds short of filling those squad members’ empty heads. Yeah, we do need to protect the earth and all of the natural environment, and I’ll vote for intelligent candidates that do it (like here in Florida) but destroying art to make me comply just makes me hate you and your cause. FO.

12 Likes

She’s in office because the majority of the eligible electorate does not vote (i.e., they “boycott” elections).

2 Likes

there is a saying up here
don’t eat yellow snow,
don’t drink yellow beer
Keweenaw brewing Co.
Widow Maker beer
all you need is 1 or 2 :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

You have more faith in the electorate than I do. I don’t think more voters would result in better politicians.

3 Likes

I don’t believe I have ever drunk Budweiser except in the Czech Republic and boy was it good. That said, hey, we are just not buying their beer. It could be worse. We could be knocking over displays in stores, blocking access of workers to their plants, waylaying their trucks and dumping cases of beer on the roads, all sort of real terrorist activity. But we are simply choosing to buy another brand. Since when did that become terrorism? I didn’t buy a pair of pants from Amazon yesterday because I liked a pair on another site better. Is that terrorism? If it is, Che Guevara, step aside, I am now the world’s leading terrorist.

8 Likes

This ‘woman’ is an Anarchist.
It’s all about Disruption, Deception and Distraction,
The more THEY ‘yammer’ (or even worse recite the company narrative)
The more the bought and paid for media gives their BS credence.
You repeat the narrative often enough it becomes truth to the brain dead.
The more wokesters they get on their side of the discussion the more votes.
Climate change is not an issue, This planned Division/Destruction of America is!.
You rail against the machine long enough and the machine breaks down.
This is what they want. Confusion, hysteria and FEAR ! Ban this, Boycott that
Destroy great works of art to make a ‘statement’. NO that’s stinkin’ thinkin’.
Budweiser, Kohl’s, Target, Garth brooks and on and on and on will learn the
hard way that just because YOU think something isn’t right or getting enough
air play the more PUSH BACK you are going to receive. NASCAR and the Dodger’s found this out this month! Go for it! The sisters of perpetual stupidy! (50) people showed up @ the game.
THOUSANDS showed up outside in protest! (and they lost like 15-0 because of the madness)
NASCAR you could hear crickets last week, oh they had the Rainbow banner displayed but the seats were empty. They didn’t sell much Bud Light that day did they?
WE ARE AMERICAN’S! You try to cram bullsh-- down our throats day after day and all
you are going to achieve is more NON-COMPLIANCE.
WE are a peaceful group with LOT’s of GUNS.
have a nice day!

8 Likes

I go and fight in OIF I / III in the Global War on Terror, receive combat decorations, and retire with disabling daily reminders along with limitations of human desires to be labeled a terrorist by a government that I fought for and others gave their lives for. Yet, they don’t apply the same terminology against those anti-2A types that wants to infringe on our industry, rights, culture, or way of life?! Anyone else had enough of these politicians yet?! Especially those that wants us disarmed while they openly admit foreign extremist sympathies?! They need to tread cautiously! Labeling us that fought true terrorist, or refuse to give up our rights along with good faith executed in the service of our nation, and were blessed enough or abled enough to survive, do not take this lightly. Do NOT call us what we fought against! IDGAF if they’re in Congress, as they say ALLS FAIR!

9 Likes

When you import people from abroad, and they belong to a culture that is not complementary to US culture, and you have got large enough community of them, they are going to start projecting their political will on the US. You shouldn’t be surprised, Europe models further development of this situation with no-go zones, mobs of men chasing women in the streets, and so on.
This is a reversible situation. We need to bring back HUAC as 1st step.

3 Likes

I have friends and family that came here from dramatically different cultures, and they’re so happy to be here. They love the U.S., that’s why they came. I don’t know why people elect representatives who hate the United States.

6 Likes

To my knowledge there has only been one(1) major boycott - Bud Lite/Anhauser-Busch. The Target boycott was incidental backlash. Am i missing a few? That said, so far the economic loss has been over $20 billion. Fact check if needed.

People assume that a boycott is done to bring down a multi-billion dollar corporation. It’s not. It’s to disrupt the business - period.

Terrorism. Something BLM, ANTIFA, LBGTQ+, does not do. They only burn and loot. Sometimes they kill. But who’s counting?

3 Likes

When “we love freedom” loses to “we love freebies” you get AOC.
When “we escaped from conflict there and want peace here and there” loses to “we want more conflict here and there”, you get that other vicious one.

A Congresswoman that demands conflict with Israel is despicable. A real surprise, this nation has not yet elected a congresswoman who demands war against Russia. This one will be dangerous. A matter of time, I guess.

4 Likes

But don’t forget the left, they also boycott anything at the drop of a hat. Some of them are also now boycotting Bud Light for caving to the right. And they’ll boycott big things, too, like… North Carolina. It’s not really a right / left thing, it’s more a political thing.

I’m also not sure Bud Light is a real boycott. Boycotts are formal events, where a company is punished economically until specific demands are met. I don’t see that with Bud Light, it seems more like incredibly bad marketing that turned off a lot of people at the same time. Tlaib doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

4 Likes

It is not their marketing, per se, at issue, though what is actually wrong was projected through that marketing scheme. The issue is their belief in DIE (sic); it is right there on imbev’s website. I do admit trying to avoid ESG/DIE is difficult, probably as difficult as avoiding Chinese products, but I do when possible.

I personally am not “boycotting” AB and imbev, as I don’t drink most of their beer, but now avoid it all. I will only mildly miss Goose Island, as they had a couple of beers I liked, but easily replaceable, so no real loss to me.

5 Likes

An interesting take. Let’s put it in a more practical/realistic context.

A nightclub is packed with people. The owner walks through the crowd and accidentally passes gas. It is so foul, that all leave the premises. The owner quickly airs the place out using the ac and fans to hasten the process. Soon the crowd returns. Problem solved.

A Bud-Lite nightclub is packed with people. The owner walks through the crowd and accidentally passes gas. It is so foul, that all leave. The owner refuses to air out the nightclub, thinking that the smell will dissipate on it’s own. It is two months and counting and no one has returned. The nightclub loses over $20 billion in revenue. In response the owner fires the custodian.

IMHO, it’s a boycott.

7 Likes

Ha ha, that’s spot on!
But popular restaurants & bars fail all the time. People get bored with it, or the service wanes, or a new competitor steals customers.

In a local example, a very popular restaurant got new management, and decided to change the menu and cut corners in order to increase profits. Loyal customers noticed, and stopped going. The restaurant soon closed all locations in order to stop bleeding money. They’re gone. I think that’s closer to what happened with Bud Light. It isn’t so much that a concerned organization has called for a boycott until specific demands are met, it’s more that people have decided to stop buying crappy beer from a company that has openly shown disdain for its most loyal customer base.

The end result is the same, I suppose, I just wouldn’t call Bud Light shooting themselves in the foot a “boycott.” It’s a natural result of what happens in a free market. Companies have to work to keep customers; Bud Light did the opposite.

EDIT: I guess all I’m saying is that a boycott is a temporary measure with an objective. People simply choosing to spend their money elsewhere is not necessarily a boycott, it’s just people making decisions in a free market, because we have choices. It’s not like we’re walking to work while we boycott segregated bus lines, we’re simply drinking better beer from companies that want our business more than Busch. Ultimately, I can’t boycott Bud Light any more than I can boycott the WNBA, because I never wanted either of their crappy products.

3 Likes

I haven’t jumped in on this topic, seeing as I don’t drink alcohol at all (medications that don’t mix well with alcohol). I wasn’t bothered by the Bud Lite beer can. What I did find problematic, was the interview, that the VP of marketing for Bud Lite gave. Where she said her mandate was to diversify the brand and move away from its fratty and sophomoric identity. Read the Room, straight, conservative white males are your primary user base. Talking about your core clientele in such perjorative language is not smart. Especially when the speaker has a long history of fratty and sophomoric behaviour and social media documenting that behavior.

7 Likes

and you spoke 4 curse words in today’s progressive minds.
Unfortunately for them, straight, conservative, males, who are White (not white - I don’t subscribe to NYT grammar!) and also those who are Black, Asian or Hispanic, male or female, but share exact thinking, and put off by same progressive insanity - are a primary user base in a lot of other places, including taxes :slight_smile:

5 Likes

She could not have done any better pushing the boycott forward than if she took the field at a Texas Rangers game in a cheerleader outfit and led the crowd in a “Boycott Bud lite” chant.

5 Likes