There is no equity in gun commercials and advertisements

All the bad guys are white men in gun commercials and advertisements. Why is that do you suppose?

Hint: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

If a non-white male was depicted as a bad guy in an advertisement, it would be considered racist.

1 Like

Because bad guys mostly act after dusk and white face is more visible for commercials’ viewers :wink:

4 Likes

Just realized that it’s been ages since I saw a commercial or advertisement. I remember the DD one due to the NFL not permitting it,but no bad guys in it, just a vet turned family man.
Last I saw of commercials, the white guy was always the stupid guy who somehow had managed to raise the rest of the actors into woke teens or adults. That’s when I eliminated marketing from my aural universe.

2 Likes

Apparently you have the Internet. How do you block advertisements?

AdBlock, adaware, ghostery, surfshark VPN, enhancer for YouTube extension.
Don’t need them all, just what I use for examples. All free except the VPN which is under 2 bucks a month.
Try AdBlock or AdAware…not obtrusive yet quite effective. The other stuff is more anti tracking, or misleading tracking .

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Oh yeah, doesn’t work with broadcast television…which I gave up about 8 years ago.
Paying a monthly fee to watch commercials was just sooo wrong.

1 Like

I have not had a TV for 12 years and do not miss it. Never had cable; if I could not get it with rabbit ears, I didn’t watch it.

1 Like

Now, back to the OP.

1 Like

Only watch TV using a streaming service that is ad free.

Use YouTube premium or whatever it’s called that is ad free.

Stream music over YouTube premium or Amazon music or Sirius, ad free.

Rent or buy movies to watch at home or go to the physical theater and arrive 20 minutes after scheduled start.

Watch gun stuff in the USCCA Protector Academy.

I basically never see ads unless it’s college bowl season

Adblockers on my devices.

• I don’t worry about anybody’s skin color so I don’t know anything about the OP nor do I care.
2 Likes

If you asking for yourself, just being an adult who sees through bs and has a sense of humor, helps.
For children’s safety and comfort, you need to resort to technology.

2 Likes

Nice try.

I use this:

3 Likes

She has beautiful eyes.

1 Like

Hint: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

If a non-white male was depicted as a bad guy in an advertisement, it would be considered racist.

I regret I never even noticed that. I ought to look closer. If you are correct, then what a beautiful day it would be and reflect the good in our society when there is diversity among actor “bad guys”, as it might speak to the point that we are not offensive, but resembling the symbol of blind justice. And kudos to the ad execs who dare include people of color as “bad guy actors”, and still stand for acceptance and not tolerate racism. After all, good guys and bad guys can and are from all pigment shades of skin.

It is a shame you have not noticed.

That is so lame.

1 Like

I’m flattered.
You have noticed and replied to my post twice already. :slightly_smiling_face:

#############

#############

#############

1 Like