The Perfect EDC

I’ve finally found the perfect EDC!

8 Likes

Yeap. The most important is to try it before you buy it. Then test it before you carry.

Don’t rely on others opinions. What works for one person may not work another. Define your system, your needs, your comfort zone and find the platform and model that will work the best for you.

Good reading @ChadW, thank you for sharing it. :metal:

7 Likes

Same here. One of the most accurate I’ve ever tried. At lease for me. I imagine every one’s different, but it fits me. I don’t use a red dot or any attached accessories, although it’s still good as is.

I know there are con’s. For me, other pro’s include:

Slimmer for conceal
Long enough barrel
Glock holster fit availability
Brand quality
Disassemble ease/simplicity

5 Likes

Have been quite happy with my 48MOS with 507k and shield arms parts. I prefer hockey tape to rubber grip sleeves personally. Unlike the grip sleeves hockey tape is made for wet, sweaty environments where grip is absolutely paramount and if you have hand size issues you can add an extra layer or two of tape to help fill your hand out.

3 Likes

Another option is tread tape, I bought 3 feet of it so I could replace it when it wore out or started peeling. In 15 years I never had to change it and it comes in grey and black. I used gray to match my frame.

1 Like

I’ve always used Talon granulated and rubberized, but then they came out with their Pro Grip, been using them ever since

3 Likes

I always used Talon rubberized on pistols that had less than ideal grip texture…but the Pro grip is definitely where it’s at. I tried the granular once, for about three hours…I’m too soft for that it was sandpaper and it was taking my skin off hardcore lol it was basically sandpaper no way I could do it IWB against the skin

5 Likes

same, its why im not crazy about these super agressive stippling jobs people have done these days. it looks cool and feels great when you only handle the pistol for 10 minutes. go run a 1000 rounds through it on a really hard training weekend and let me know how your hands feel afterwards, shits like 40 grit sandpaper. same for tread tape/skate board grip tape textures. its too agressive in my experience. if you wear it against bare skin IWB without an undershirt your stomach/side will hate you for days. i know a guy that CCWed his glock 19 right after a super agressive stipple job on a 3 day hike. his stomach looked like someone had taken a cheese grater too it, by the end of day 2 it was in his pack and no longer on his person. the hockey tape is a good medium ground for me. it has really good texture for adding to your grip while not being super agressive, it doesnt get slimy and generally holds up really well to moisture and sweat. and a roll on amazon is cheap and will last you ages if you dont go crazy with it. i even have wrapped about 3 or 4 rings around the bottom of my AR mags to help aid in wet hand grip

5 Likes

I have a pocketknife with a very aggressive grip. It has eaten holes through my pants pockets and pants. It is now just a show piece, though I like it a lot otherwise - super sharp, easy to open, etc.

3 Likes

Any that has a Taurus Millennium pistol knows the feeling of the grip texture as it finely removes flesh when in direct contact with human flesh.
Winter time no issues but summer, ya go down to one shirt and the pain begins.
Hogue beavertail grips fixed all that pain.
I like the “swell” on the sides of the grip, palm of hand feels “seated” for me and I thought that the compound if the grip would ad to moisture and possible shafting but surprisingly no!
Also makes me more confident in having a successful draw with added traction.
I’ve never tried Talons or any other wrap style being doubtful on the adhesion.
O can’t leave out the finger groove added with the Hogue.

1 Like

I picked up my friend’s Taurus and thought “if I took this to the range for any amount of time my hands would bleed.”

Sandpaper’s got nothing on these grips.

3 Likes