The Color Code Of Awareness.....What Color Code Are You In When Out In Public?

Colonel “Jeff” Coopers, Color Code of Awareness, developed for Special Forces / U.S. Military but useful for everyday life for everyone and essential if you regularly and responsibly carry a concealed pistol.

1. Condition White : You are totally unaware of your surroundings and totally unprepared for even the prospect of danger.

2. Condition Yellow : You are relaxed but alert. You are not expecting trouble, but you are aware of your environment, so you would recognize a problem if it arose.

3. Condition Orange : You are aware that there seems to be a problem and your body is reacting (e.g.: Some one has picked you out and you know it.)

4. Condition Red : The problem has occurred and you are facing one or more opponents you reasonably believe might do you harm. You should be taking cover and actively performing the appropriate defensive tactics. If already under attack, you are willing to neutralize the threat.

5. Condition Black : You are in a blind state of panic where you are unable to react to the situation because you have developed neither the inner tools nor the outer skills with which to react. (e.g.: It happens, you had no raised awareness it was coming, are unprepared, unaware, untrained, and under their control and influence.)

What Color Code Are You In, When Out In Public?

6 Likes

Yellow. Always. Even at home.

White only when asleep.

13 Likes

@OldGnome. :+1: :smiley:

3 Likes

Bright, deep yellow with orange highlights these days.

10 Likes

@Virgil_H. I hear that :smiley: it’s crazy out there.

4 Likes

I hang out between yellow and red. Except when I’m with the wife. She likes to remind me to stop scanning the store looking for threats and the nearest exit. Yeah, somewhere between aware and complacent. :rofl:

7 Likes

@FatsoJoe. Better to be cautious than getting caught with your pants down. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hey!!! someone with the knowledge of Condition Black! I enjoy being the only one who knows in the group though.
@SKIdaho. This is the what I mentioned during our training when you were teaching me. I like to think of Black as the fight, flight or Freeze(" blind state of panic"). Being trained in a combat mindset, one should always be able to react even while in the fight. The average civilian cannot be trained to have a combative mindset like we are in the Marines, I assume this is why the USCCA only teaches the first 4 colors.
Condition Black also refers to a couple of scenarios as described on the meme above.

2 Likes

I would hate to be in CODE Black or white… Condition Black : You are in a blind state of panic where you are unable to react to the situation because you have developed neither the inner tools nor the outer skills with which to react. (e.g.: It happens, you had no raised awareness it was coming, are unprepared, unaware, untrained, and under their control and influence.) NOT GOOD

3 Likes

Normally always yellow. Lately it’s moved up to borderline orange.

6 Likes

@ScottC. With all the craziness, I can see why. :upside_down_face: Train hard and stay safe.

5 Likes

Yellow at home, maybe even orange.

Orange and ready to drop to red when I am out.

3 Likes

Must be pretty crazy around your neighborhood :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m guessing

4 Likes

@Cobra

The world is pretty crazy, my town is pretty nice actually. But I don’t trust much.

5 Likes

Always is Orange. Always no what’s going on around me

4 Likes

@Joshua_R. Awareness is a good thing, to keep us on our toes to keep us and our family safe.

3 Likes

I used to be “white”. However, all of that changed on June 26th 2020 when I obtained my CC permit. Now I live in yellow.

4 Likes

Condition Yellow : You are relaxed but alert. You are not expecting trouble, but you are aware of your environment, so you would recognize a problem if it arose. :+1:

3 Likes

Condition Yellow. The people who sit in their cars on their phones and not see me walk by even if I flashed a flashlight around them are the victims here not me. Stay safe!

4 Likes

Lately pretty much yellow. Trucking around the country has been up in the orange and red. Gettin to be some real knuckleheads .

4 Likes