The Aftermath: Suicide by Homeowner

You could afford to do that? That was candy money… :sunglasses: I recall the first time I had enough money to buy 10 cents worth and got charged a penny sales tax - the last time I did that as a kid… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I didn’t say it was my penny :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Our game growing up was no rules rugby. There were actually two rules. You had to run the ball through the goal or kick it through the goal. Aside from the goal markers there were no boundaries and the game usually kept going till someone got hurt and had to go home for a bandaid or ice pack.

My son actually has a little mini bicycle motocross course in our front yard that he will occasionally do with the neighbor’s kids. Though he has mostly graduated to the adult course in town or the one several miles away in the forest that some dirt bikers built.

4 Likes

That’s how we played tackle basketball, pretty much no rules.

5 Likes

They play in my neighborhood, but they avoid my block. Apparently, they want to avoid the mean old man that lives on my street. I can’t figure out who they’re talking about, most of the people on my block are younger than I am.

4 Likes

Find him, and remind him he was once a kid too. :wink:

3 Likes

Might still be… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You are both a kid, and a mean old man. George Costanza?

2 Likes

When you hear a story and it is a friend, family, or a neighbor it can and will be very hard on you, and you will have trouble to forget that past. It is painfully
ironed into memory.

When you face a child, spouse, or any family member,
even a close friends death, those memories are welded into you heart.

I witnessed the funeral of a young man that committed
suicide do to addictions and the mother was outside
begging her son to not kill himself, but failed. The
Father and I knew all that Family, I grew up with this young man. The Father was over 6’3” and 300lbs.,
Uncontrollably falling apart and people had to carry him.

I care and understand some areas of these painful deaths and I have lost my wife of 26 years. It is a
Hurt that you will never overcome, but you can become
stronger and you may be able to comfort a priceless person in need. Thank you.

2 Likes

This is a very relevant topic, in light of recent lawlessness. While I agree that you shouldn’t use deadly force on someone damaging or stealing property, it’s hard to stand by and watch someone get away with it. Let’s say you see someone under your car, removing your catalytic converter (an exploding crime, in many areas). Sure, you can call the cops, but in 3 minutes the thief is going to be gone. If you try to impede his theft with non-deadly force and it escalates to the thief pulling a weapon on you (or his cohort coming after you), could you be prosecuted for escalating, even though your final use of deadly force was ultimately necessary?

1 Like

Could, yes. With a Leftist DA, very likely, otherwise, no.

3 Likes

A friend of mine described to me the fact his wife’s catalytic converter was stolen out from under her car (a $2,600 value to replace) and upon inspection, the Constable (Texas) discovered that someone had tried to jimmy her front door open as there was evidence of a pry bar being used. The Texas Constable informed my friend’s wife (after asking her if she had a gun) that … quote … “Your property is an extension of your home. If someone comes on your property with the intent to steal that property or cause damage, shoot them in the head … not the arm … not the leg … in the head.”

Obviously, dead men can’t testify. So if someone comes on your property and shoots your dog because your dog barked to warn you and you discover your dog is dead and a man with a gun is standing in front of you … to hell with the castle doctrine. That’s my take.

2 Likes

I believe Castle Dotrine or just plain self-defense would prevail.

2 Likes

This is the mindset of liberals and millenials.

4 Likes

You mean… car devastation or your local community protection? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

BTW: Welcome to the Community :metal:

Thanks. Those who refuse to protect there community and retreat indoors only to watch the devastation occur.

3 Likes

Yes, At the time I was single, and had a man with a steel pipe come over my 6’ chain locked privacy fence and broke in the rear kitchen window. While I lived in North Texas, and was armed, I also understood the amount of court time and legal cost if I was to just shoot him. I retreaded to the bedroom where I also had my dog who was a protection trained Rottweiler. The guy came to the bedroom door and just kicked it open, so I released my dog who easily neutralized the man. I handcuffed him and waited for the police (two blocks over and still not arrived) and left the dog immediately in front of him. The criminal then sued me for me dog biting him which led to the local dog police wanting to pick him up, which I informed the officer was not happening and to call his CO. I talked to him on the phone and my dog was left at my house under “quarantine”. End result was still legal fees and court time. Next time I will just shoot.

4 Likes

In Texas, the Castle Doctrine extends to your property outside. If someone is breaking into your car in your driveway deadly force is legal.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Michael1628 and you are in the right place at the right time.

2 Likes

I would never shoot anyone . causing property damage but once the attack is coming at me and there is a weapon involve, and my life was in danger i would have done the same thing and would have shot the perpetrator …

3 Likes