The Aftermath: Predators Run in Packs

LE is a different story.

Knowing who’s at the door (through Ring doorbell camera) defines my approach.

7 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up::point_up:

3 Likes

Video doorbells are a very good idea. Unfortunately nowadays you can’t be entirely certain that people dressed like LEOs are LEOs. Hopefully the real LEOs will understand this and be a little patient while I call to confirm.

5 Likes

I’ve done that twice.

7 Likes

Correct. That’s something I learned only within the last five years with impersonators in the news.
Also, not a home burglar but one who makes traffic stops to rob unsuspecting motorists.

It helps that even at nights street is well lit by upgraded city lights so I could see what type of car(s) is parked in front of the house.

6 Likes

My ‘Caution’ to my Sister is if there is ‘Pounding’ on the door! (at any hour)
to NOT open the steel front door nor the Security outer door.
The kitchen window isn’t sound proof.
A simple ‘Who is it, what do you want?’ question is to be asked.
If she doesn’t like the answer she say’s ‘I am armed !’ Go away’
If they say they are the Man (and she see’s uniforms in the camera’s)
She say’s ‘You are being recorded’ then she is to say ‘State your reasons for disturbing us’?
100% of the time at night I am home now anyway so this is probably a moot point and
I would handle the NEGOTIATIONS but JIC she is alone she knows what to do.
Basically she will NOT open the doors or display a weapon.
If she feels hinky she will call the Substation and verify the Intruders.

The MURDER Joseph you referred to happened in my neck of the Mesa (Northern NM)

The Sherriff’s in my area usually do the ‘visiting’. And they are generally Nice and skilled. Unfortunately, we are in a slice of land where 'Overlaps of three Police Stasi operate: The Troopers, APD and the Sherriff’s. The Sherriff’s are least likely to ‘Intrude’ if they don’t like our responses. And probably not in the middle of the night, we haven’t drawn attention to ourselves (that can be proven :crazy_face:)
And if they did any checking at all will see a CCW and Level3 on record.

That’s ‘The Plan’ anyway, but as people say your plans go right out the window with the first punch from Mike Tyson! (and your teeth!) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Totally agree with all your points Don. My wife does the same as your sister (call through the window). If they can’t hear her, we have a single hung, hurricane glass window that we’ve installed stop bars in allowing it to only open about 2". No one could get it more open from outside without breaking the glass, and that would take several minutes with a heavy hammer, which would be a very bad idea on their part…

4 Likes

Yes Sir,
Breaking Glass in ANY part of the House is ‘Weapon’s FREE!’
(skulking around the back of the house also proves your bad intentions)

Badge or no Badge. BAD BADGES EXIST!
You made a BAD choice.

there is ZERO reason for anybody to wish to gain entry ,HOME INVADE , do us harm except
BAD INTEL and BAD Guy’s! BANG! BANG!

OH MY BAD! I almost forgot: Because of the Farmington, NM Murder-by-Cop
We will shout ’ What friggin’ address are you looking for!’
The house is CLEARLY ‘marked’ (3) ways, showing who we are.

4 Likes

Very good idea I had not thought of, asking to verify the address! :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Right? Me either…Neither? Whatever?

If you can take something from a Tragedy like this Poor soul
Dying for nothing, At least people can learn something from it.
My FRONT DOOR CAM IS less than 5’ where somebody stands.
You can see a face clearly. If I ask that question and there is confusion
and a question appears they are thinking maybe I should double check
Maybe they are not bad guys, they just have sh^^ty Intel.
If I see them ‘Harden’ it will go badly for them.

I’m not a tough guy. But I am sharp. I WILL defend my Castle.
If THEY are stupid and think I AM STUPID, they see the Cameras, the Floods,
the Front door area narrows so (2) guys can’t stand shoulder to shoulder
It’s a KILL BOX. If ‘I’ saw that I’d say ‘wait a minute here people’
It’s so narrow moving furniture is a bear.

4 Likes

these can be beneficial???

https://www.amazon.com/Defender-Security-11026-Reinforcement-Construction/dp/B00FB29LZW/ref=sr_1_5_pp?crid=C15JRBTJQ3CZ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.tvKE3pIAIfvfwYiogEdxj_1f-g1fpGRfVPOO7Ra73FBQu60l7aasLYXT1VvSMpCTVzWsP-PvGHWi2cCcmWWvzWth0QTplGUpdCSllQONGeK1ZXU2r1hr4nWcRJz3J6BtzADl3Na6OPE50mTag77O6BON1xwry07HZkuptxKKPywT4e_4R1edNY7pWrvgwyEl_EnPxZOxvGoRGgAwgrkfev7vW5Zd_RVtDWXtCIhxwYHotJf2SGkdVOJfJiuhjQd33keSOk189LZU-CiEGJ72FdxkzDKuz7XlH3vL7nfYKeI.FSrN1nqmlLotwNvM8BpB0NYp0YqlQb_Ukr2wuCbTVYA&dib_tag=se&keywords=door+reinforcement&qid=1711364546&sprefix=door+reinforcement%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Door-Armor-Mini-Security-Reinforcement/dp/B00LSWF6AS/ref=sr_1_60?crid=C15JRBTJQ3CZ&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.tvKE3pIAIfvfwYiogEdxj_1f-g1fpGRfVPOO7Ra73FBQu60l7aasLYXT1VvSMpCTVzWsP-PvGHWi2cCcmWWvzWth0QTplGUpdCSllQONGeK1ZXU2r1hr4nWcRJz3J6BtzADl3Na6OPE50mTag77O6BON1xwry07HZkuptxKKPywT4e_4R1edNY7pWrvgwyEl_EnPxZOxvGoRGgAwgrkfev7vW5Zd_RVtDWXtCIhxwYHotJf2SGkdVOJfJiuhjQd33keSOk189LZU-CiEGJ72FdxkzDKuz7XlH3vL7nfYKeI.FSrN1nqmlLotwNvM8BpB0NYp0YqlQb_Ukr2wuCbTVYA&dib_tag=se&keywords=door+reinforcement&qid=1711364546&sprefix=door+reinforcement%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-60

1 Like

Could be… but any metal bars installed on weak frame without good sturdy support do nothing.

Nobody is able to decide if those will be beneficial without knowing and seeing your existing door and frame installation.

1 Like

And who are you looking for

4 Likes

Ding! Ding! Ding!

4 Likes

Step 1 of probably 100 ways to begin to fortify a living space

5 Likes

After all this talk of predator’s running in Packs, Fortifications
and Home defense I am seriously consideration the ‘Continental Hotel’
Defense system. WHEN they are at the gates I would like to rig up the ‘GO GREEN’
system where as the lights shut off and that strobing GREEN NEON come’s on!.
Surely some Stasi’s have seen John Wick and the effect it had on the attackers.
It doesn’t do anything but psychologically it has to make an Invader say Ruh Roe!
and besides it would be cooler than anything to freak out unwanted Door bell ringers!

Happy Monday Gunner’s
‘Prepare to defend yourselves!’ Sgt. Plumbly in ‘WE WERE SOLDIERS’

and don’t call me Surely! :rofl:

2 Likes

Not only the flash plate, but all of the hinges and latches!

4 Likes

But, Don,… you ARE surly!

Maybe not Shirley….

Definitely “Surly”!!!

3 Likes

Will,

‘I ACCEPT THAT!’
(There fixed it!)

3 Likes

Apparently a couple hundred years ago that would be royalty!

I accept that!

You and all your brothers and sisters at arms deserve it!

3 Likes