The Aftermath: Age Is No Barrier

I always have a hand gun and a 410 ready just in case of a home invasion.

5 Likes

Isnā€™t it illegal to have more than 3 shells in your shotgun in California?

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Wesley53
As long as they each have a Prop 65 warning on them, have gone through a background check, taxed heavily, and are atleast 30 years old they are probably ok. :grinning:

3 Likes

I have a 410 pistol which we call ā€œThe Judgeā€

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Steven501

2 Likes

I have a .40 caliber pistol at my bedside. I wear it around my home, outside on my property and I lock my house whenever I am not inside.

Also, next to my bed is a Tac-14 if I need a shotgun. Having a short barrel it is as manageable as the pistol.

I also have a dog as an early warning system.

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @LOUIS91

3 Likes

A pistol, 9mm. I keep it loaded and hidden very near my bed. I donā€™t want kids to know where it is.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @James1421

3 Likes

Iā€™ve trained several scenarios while in the army. I took a home defense class for a single occupant and training with family in the house scenario. I have a SF XD 9 next to my bed and a SF Elite hidden but accessible. I do have an AR 15 pistol as well. All within arms reach away.

4 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service :us: @Miguel45

3 Likes

Handgun. To me, EDC is every day, all day, everywhere, even in the house. Itā€™s in a pistol case by my bed at night - no children in the house.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Elizabeth38

2 Likes

A thought on Shotgun storage. I keep a Tactical Shotgun - ā€œMuzzle Downā€ in a corner of my bathroom. With an old towel thrown over it- to hide it. My standard is : Use my Pistols to fight to ā€œGet toā€ my Shotgun or AR, AND an (AR) 2 steps from my bed, w/mounted Light - Covered with old shirt and Muzzle Down in a corner of my Bed Room - Just Grab Grip and Goā€¦ 3 Pistols in Night Stand(w/Mounted Lights). So the standard SOP of using my Hand Guns to fight to ā€œGet Toā€ my Rifle or Shotgun. I shoot Combat Competition Multi-gun, Rifle and IDPA every mo for 10yr now. State and DHS Certified Instr. So - 3 Options at hand - Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun. And the old Standard option - Use you Pistol to fight to ā€œGet Toā€ your Rifle. ā€œALLā€ Fully Loaded with 1 in chamber, All loaded with Hp Defensive Ammo (An unloaded gun is just a ā€œClubā€ - maybe).

2 Likes

Well done - Good for You. Look for groups that shoot Combat Competition like IDPA or 3/Multi-gun, in your area. Go watch a match then sign-up. IDPA has Clubs all over the US that shoot a match most every month. IDPA is very accommodating to New Shooters. And will even train you in standard Combat Pistol Tactics - Usually a ā€œNew Shooter Meetingā€ for Rules and TTPā€™s - Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures, etc.

3 Likes

I have both handgun and short barrel shot gun for home protection. Of course I carry the handgun every day, at home or not at home.
I applaud the 93 yr old gentleman for protecting his life and home. Shot guns do get bad guys attention!!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Michael1849

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had concealed carry permit training, security officer training, and military training. Nothing specific on home defense training yet but there is a class on home defense that I would like to take. I just reinstated my carry permit and when I reinstate my armed security guard license I would also like to take Simunition Weapons Force on Force training that they offer for police and security in Nashville. My EDC is a Glock 19 9mm which I also keep on the night stand for home defense along with 4 spare magazines of 15 rounds each and 15 rounds in the pistol. All hollow points!

6 Likes

Keep up the training and welcome to the club

3 Likes

I took a home defence shotgun class at the local shooting range and have a conceal carry permit, but keep a bear spray can on my night stand. I took a home defence for using pepper spray also. Purchasing an easy access lock box to keep my handgun on my night stand also.

3 Likes