Thank You Veterans

Nice!.
The reason I asked is I wanted to take a veteran and get some food all on me
Also, Trump is here tonight, I didn’t want to go alone because my girl not feeling good

It worked out because I needed to stay with her.

However, had it not been for BD AFB. I probably would not exist. My “opa” who met my “oma” in Germany before Vietnam retired U.S. Air-Force /Vietnam Vet was put here and that’s how he met my mom. It’s crazy thinking both James Sr. and James Jr. are gone now. Seem’s like just Yesterday we were talking about my dad together. My dad was actually my age as of now when he died.

2 Likes

Dawn,

I didn’t make the veterans list, and probably my fault not yours. However I retired in 1992 after 22 years in the US Navy. USCCA member number 1759825. email
Blessings to you.

Mike

4 Likes

Mr. Anderson,

Thank you for your contributions to the United States Navy and all that you may have endured as sacrifice, sir!

Sincerely,

Another, Mr. Anderson

2 Likes

Retired USAF Veteran, 24 years of service. O>

5 Likes

You’re in there, @Michael204 (It’s in alpha order by username). :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for your service, @Robert224! I’ve added your Veterans Badge and added you to the list above!

1 Like

The Veterans list is alphabetical by username (those who let me know they’re veterans since it was posted have been added at the end). To make the list easier to read I’ve made it a bigger text size. :wink:

3 Likes

22 years US Army, last theater of operation was Desert Storm/Shield. Many trips to Central America working with their Departments of Public Health (part of their military) Was NCOIC of US military medical personal.

3 Likes

I choose to write a blank check for my country and would do it again!
Thank you

4 Likes

Wow! Speechless!

Thanks foreal!

3 Likes

1968 originally was going to be drafted into the Marines, they claim there was no drafting of marines but you know…, at the AFEES (which was Armed Forces Examining & Entrance Station) in Chicago downtown on Jackson Blvd. Then I was instructed to follow the Green duct tape on the floor and myself and 18 guys behind me followed the Green duct tape on the floor and finished my physical, mental, vision, hearing tests and I was on the bus waiting to leave for training. There you are, I was one of the December birthdays in the first lottery. Then the next 18 years I was in.
Air Force was light blue duct tape
Army was green duct tape
Marines was Red duct tape
Navy was dark blue duct tape
Anyway happy to be alive and only shot once while in the service.

3 Likes

I looked and couldn’t figure how to list that I am in fact a veteran. U.S. Army Feb66-Nov 68

3 Likes

A hero is one who does the right thing not for praise, glory or money
A hero is one who does the right thing regardless of cost
A hero values honor loyalty and commitment
ALL who served honorably are heroes and deserve more than any of us who didn’t serve can pay

5 Likes

Proud Vet. Ban Me Thuot, South Vietnam 1964

5 Likes

Thank you Dawn. I served 24 years in the U. S. Air Force untill 2001 and then became a Delaware State Correctional Officer with 18 years service so far.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community, nice having you here.

2 Likes

My best friend in high school was drafted into the Marines. They went to the induction center and counted off by fours. Then, they said all numbers fours were going to Parris Island.

3 Likes

SEMPER FI brother, once a Marine, always a Marine.

3 Likes

As did we all brother, that check bankrupt some of our brothers. While we paid a high price, we still were in the black. That blank check showed us exactly how much we had to pay and it was well worth the price.

4 Likes

Rev. Fr. Kevin Fletcher USAF 6 yrs including 1 tour in Vietnam

8 Likes