Thank You Veterans

Thank you for your service, @Kevin53! We’re proud to have you here!

4 Likes

God bless you and your service is highly obliged.

My Grandfather, James Earl Anderson Sr. was (Deceased now) retired USAF, 21 years. He as well fought alongside you in Vietnam. Matter of fact, he decided to build his family here by Barksdale Airforce Base where I’m still currently located.

3 Likes

Awesome… perhaps we can meet sometime in the near future

4 Likes
8 Likes

I didn’t know about the military rate either. Does it apply on annual renewal too?

2 Likes

@Michael78 I believe it does. I will know for sure in 50 some days.

2 Likes

I was a vet Dawn. 22 years Army and Army Guard. Thank you very much.

6 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Virgil_H!

@Michael78, it does. I’ll check out your account on the back end and get it squared away for you if it isn’t already handled.

5 Likes

Thank you Dawn I’m proud to have served my country and if they needed me again I would go if health let me
God bless you and the USA

7 Likes

I got more out of it than I put into it. USN retiredFB_IMG_1530583834114

6 Likes

Thank You @RUGER9!

2 Likes

Marines 1966 to 1974…got to participate in the southeast asiain war games…

and not long back had a agent orange misadventure…

4 Likes

Thank you all for your service! :us:

4 Likes

I retired in 94. OTMC. I was an ABF for 7 years had a year of broken service then went into the advanced electronics fiels with Anti-Submarine Warfare. MANY sea stories. Nor too many of us squids here. lol Bravo Zulu, shipmate

7 Likes

@RUGER9 Welcome aboard shipmate. I was on the other end of your spectrum, Submarines, Marines, SPECWAR and I did time on a carrier. I punched out in 09 when the detailer called and told me I made 8 but that my sea shore rotation was going to have to change and I was going back to Trashcanistan for a 12 mos BOTG. I was bouncing off HYT for 7 and was 6 mos back home from Iraq and it would have been my 3rd tour there and I was out of luck. My ship date was August, I pulled the handles July 1, 09 @24. I’ve got a funny little medal that the Commandant of the Marine Corps pinned on me that nets me an extra 10% on my retirement and I never would have seen a look for 9 so I bailed. My Dad had 7 enemy marksmanship ribbons and his fervent hope was that he had done enough for 6 generations and I try not to disappoint.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes

@Gayn - Thank you so very much for your service. Because of you and the other vets
we can enjoy the freedoms we have today.

2 Likes

Retired ABH1 here welcome aboard

4 Likes

I was an ABF3/2. USS Roosevelt & USS Lexington berfoe a shore duty tgour at Whiting Field, Milton Fl. for 3 years then I got out for

a year & changed reats

5 Likes

Semper Fi. I’m the only squid in a family full of Marines. LOL

4 Likes

We were not all Marines (US Army here)

6 Likes