Stealth Bombers

Maybe they have kept a few of them around for special purposes. Perhaps that was an F101 I saw. The F16s might have been practicing tracking it with their radars or something similar.

2 Likes

OK, I live near Oā€™Hare. you donā€™t hear commercial jets @ 35000ft and these were supposed to be stealth bombers?

2 Likes

The stealth aircraft can turn on itā€™s transponder and be seen on ATC radar, just like any other. What will be lacking is what they call a primary return, which is just the skin being painted by the radar. When a transponder is used, a primary radar return is not really necessary.

2 Likes

I wondered about that, so they know itā€™s there and where itā€™s at, just not on a ā€œradarā€ screen?

2 Likes

Yes sir, that is it exactly.

1 Like

I think this is wrong. At least B2s have retractable panels, that can give them radar signature, if needed by civilian air controllers. I donā€™t see why F22/F35 wonā€™t

1 Like

Waitā€¦ you could see the stealth bombers?
R

1 Like

I live close to Nellis AFB and enjoy a flyover almost daily. Red Flag is when the bombers come to town. Iā€™ve had B-52s B-1Bs, and the stealth B-2s one after another right over my house coming in low and slow to land. Such a cool thing to see!

5 Likes

Hopefully, the bomb bay doors were closed.

1 Like

They havenā€™t decided to bomb me yet, but I am one of the best ā€œdeplorableā€, clinging to my Bible and my gun.

5 Likes

Living in Guam Anderson Air force base had B52 and other cool planes!

4 Likes

As a 15 yr. old teenager in 1962, I was on our high schoolā€™s football field for practice one evening as an Air Force pilot at the controls of a B-52 flew directly overhead at about 1,000 feet, then circled left in a slow, low flying salute to his home town of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Our high school campus was about 4 miles South of the center of town (and still is) on 76th Ave. The deafening roar of those eight engines are still a fresh memory and the uncharacteristic low flight of such a huge aircraft was a little frightening.

6 Likes