START TO COLLECT SMALL ARMS AND TRAINING DVDs NOW

State of Virginia, BILL

The State of Virginia, has legislators that have filed a “Paramilitary activities” bill known as SB64 to be taken up by the Democrat-run Senate beginning January 8, 2020.

The law as it stands would cause all firearm and martial arts instructors teaching: escrima / arnis / kali, kickboxing, BJJ, Krav Maga, and boxing, in to felons.

This includes concealed carry classes, and a father teaching his son how to use a hunting rifle.

The law states:

SENATE BILL NO. 64
Offered January 8, 2020
Prefiled November 21, 2019
A BILL to amend and reenact §18.2-433.2 of the Code of Virginia, relating to paramilitary activities; penalty.

Bill Title: Paramilitary activities; penalty.
Spectrum: Partisan Bill (Democrat 1-0)
Status: (Introduced) 2019-11-21 – Referred to Committee for Courts of Justice
———-
Patron– Lucas
———-
Referred to Committee for Courts of Justice
———-
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That §18.2-433.2 of the Code of Virginia is amended and reenacted as follows:

§18.2-433.2. Paramilitary activity prohibited; penalty.

A person is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

4. That the provisions of this act may result in a net increase in periods of imprisonment or commitment. Pursuant to §30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of imprisonment in state adult correctional facilities; therefore, Chapter 854 of the Acts of Assembly of 2019 requires the Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to assign a minimum fiscal impact of $50,000. Pursuant to §30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of commitment to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice.

WHAT TO DO?

Steal as much info as you can from as many martial arts and training systems and make it your’s! Then pass it on to your brothers and sisters, wife/husband, children, grandchildren, nephews and nieces.

Codify what you know in to one system that can be used in hand to hand combat and personal defense.

Bruce Lee, “Tao of Jeet Kune Do”
“Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.”

If you do not know what to DVDs to buy in the way of firearm and edged weapons training I may post a collection below. Some of these items I already have and I will be buying the rest of them in 2020 ASAP.

1 Like

MARTIAL ARTS (My raw notes)

Die Less Often #1 and Die Less Often #2 are a set that need to be purchased and watched together.

• HAVE: Die Less Often #1 (3 DVDs in set)

Highly recommended.

Don’t bring a gun to a knife fight, unless you have at a minimum a 25ft distance between you and your opponent. This DVD set deals with attacks occurring within 10ft or less when you have no time to draw a firearm. Have you ever been attacked? With a knife? Want one technique that should work on most threats? Then watch these DVDs.

DVD #1, is good, it is the setup for the last 2 DVDs in the set. This was a Dog Brothers training program that lasted over a 3 day weekend.

DVD #2, getting in to the meat and potatoes of self defense. The Dog Catcher.
DVD #3, excellent summary DVD with tips and further discussion.

Kali Ilustrismo is a highly effective system of Filipino martial arts. Presented by the First Generation Senior Students of the art, this unique style is demonstrated and explained in detail by the late Senior Instructors Christopher Ricketts and Rey Galang.

7 DVD set Includes:
Disc-1 - Christopher Ricketts Interview by Masters Magazine (16 min.)
Disc-2 - SAGASAS Vol-1 Filipino Unarmed Combat (Basics -Stances/Balance) Principals and Training Methods. (32 Min)
Disc-3 - SAGASAS Vol-2 (Kickboxing Basics)(36 min.)
Disc-4 to 7- KALI ILUSTRISIMO Vol-1, 2, 3, & 4

• Volume 1. Kali Ilustrisimo - BASICS - Strikes, stances, posotioning, distance…(32 min.)
  • Volume 2. Kali Ilustrisimo #2 Drills & Blocks (38 min.)
  • Volume 3: Flowing Drill and Fighting Grips
    Detailed highly effective signature flow drill (cuatro cantos) of Kali Ilustrisimo. Discover the unique training methods and techniques that made Kali Ilustrisimo a much sought-after and respected art. (36 min.)
  • Volume 4. Knife training - Sparta Adaga knife techniques.(44 min.)

The Kali Ilustrisimo DVD series finally makes public the much sought after and respected art of the late Grandmaster Anotionio “Tatang” Ilustrisimo.

Item 79-7set ISBN: 0694536338951
Buy DVD ($79.95) at: em3Video.com

• Krav Maga (David Kahn)

• MASTERING KRAV MAGA VOL 1 BY DAVID KAHN 6 DVD SET ($65)
    • MASTERING KRAV MAGA VOL 2 BY DAVID KAHN 5 DVD SET - Impact and Edged Weapons Defenses ($60)
    • MASTERING KRAV MAGA VOL 3 BY DAVID KAHN 3 DVD SET - Firearm Defenses ($40)
    • MASTERING KRAV MAGA VOL 4 BY DAVID KAHN 8 DVD SET - Defending Againats The 12 Most Common Unarmed Attacks($99)
  • Inayan System of Eskrima

Order Inayan System of Eskrima (Vol-1, 2 & 3) By Suro Jason Inay for $69.95. 20% OFF Digital Download

• HAVE: Vol-1 - Kadana De Mano System (Locks and Reversals - Empty Hand Drills & Tactics).
  • HAVE: Vol-2 - Kadena De Mano Escrima System (Empty Hand Knife Locks & Reversals Drills).
  • HAVE: Vol-3 - Inayan Serrada Escrima (One blocking Drills, Footwork Skills,Trapping, Clearing Skills, Disarms and Locks Drills).

INAYAN DVDS BY ABANICO (MIKE INAY, 24 pounds ea, plus shipping from the UK)

Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding:

• Overseas post and packing rates
  • Pricing enquiries
  • Special deals
  • Club or instructor prices

info@eskrimador-supplies.com

Eskrimador Supplies
Box 0540
QS Barton Hill Road
TORQUAY
Devon
TQ2 8JH

Our telephone number is 07711-183769
Please phone between 09.00 - 17.00

• (ORDERED 09/17/2019 FROM CORY HANOSH)

• HAVE: Kadena de Mano Basics

• HAVE: Kadena de Mano 1

• HAVE: Kadena de Mano 2

• HAVE: Kadena de Mano 3

• (ORDER FROM ABANICO) Inayan Dequerdas

• (ORDER FROM ABANICO) Inayan Serrada Eskrima 1

• HAVE: Inayan Serrada Eskrima 2

• HAVE: Sinawali

• HAVE: Reactive Knife

• HAVE: Larga Mano

• (ORDER FROM ABANICO) Self defence with a palm stick

• HAVE: Pressure Sensitive Nerve Areas

• Inosanto

• HAVE: Inosanto - 2013 - Panantukan

• HAVE: Inosanto - 2012 - Pangamut (pangamot (dirty boxing ))

• HAVE: Inosanto - 2013 - Dumog

• ORDER: Inosanto - 2012 - Stick & Dagger

• ORDER: Inosanto - 2015 - Stick & Dagger Application - Volume 2

• ORDER: Inosanto - 2016 - Self Defense - Volume 1

• ORDER: Inosanto - 2016 - Self Defense - Volume 2

• Kelly McCann, is, aka Jim Grover

Kelly McCann’s 5-Volume Combatives Self-Defense Course ($120)
https://courses.oxygenmag.com/courses/kelly-mccanns-combatives-self-defense-course

Kelly McCann Combatives 2: Stick & Ground Combat
https://courses.oxygenmag.com/courses/kelly-mccann-combatives-2-stick-and-ground-combat

Kelly’s book, Combatives for Street Survival and the companion DVD set as well as the Black Belt streaming video series are essential. “Jim Grover’s” Defensive Shooting Series, Combative Pistol and Car Kembativz is essential.

Generally speaking, to train, at a minimum, you will need 14oz. boxing/Muay Thai gloves, Muay Thai shin guards, groin protection, boxing/Muay Thai headgear, mouth guard, MMA gloves and dedicated boxing or wrestling shoes.

• Kelly McCann (Recommended by Mike Janich, Designer of Spyderco, Yojimbo 2).

Combatives for Street Survival with Kelly McCann - 3 Vol. Set (Includes: Index Positions, The Guard, Combative Strikes, Weapon Counterattacks, Situational Combatives, Contact Training, Protective Equipment and Street Scenarios)

• HAVE: Combatives for Street Survival V.1: Index Positions, The Guard and Combative Strikes by Kelly McCann DVD $29.99

• HAVE: Combatives for Street Survival V.2: Weapon Counterattacks and Situational Combatives by Kelly McCann DVD $22.80

• ORDER: Combatives for Street Survival V.3: Contact Training, Protective Equipment and Street Scenarios by Kelly McCann DVD $29.99

• HAVE: Inside the Crucible, An Exclusive Look at Kelly McCann’s Individual Protective Measures Course, V.3: Situational Combatives and Knife Fighting. DVD $16

• LATOSA ESCRIMA

• Mark Lawrence

• HAVE ONLINE ACCESS: Modified Pangamut Escrima (Vol-5) Cadena De Mano - The Chain of Hands -By Master Marc J. Lawrence
      https://em3video.com/

Very basic, very slow, introduction to Cadena De Mano for someone who has never seen it before. Not for anyone with any prior experience with Cadena De Mano.

• Martial Blade Concepts - Mike Janich(Designer of Spyderco, Yojimbo 2)

• HAVE: Martial Blade Concepts Volume 2
    • HAVE: Martial Blade Concepts Volume 3 - Reflex Training Drills - A Dynamic Approach to Reflex Development
  • Masters Magazine

• USA Boxing

???

• Darren Tibon

• Mastering Serrada Escrima 12 Volume ($224 for 12 vol DVD collection through Amazon.com)
  • Paul Vunak

• HAVE: Enigma 1 & 2; 5 DVD set
  • Pekiti University (Leo T. Gaje Jr. and others involved.)

• $20 monthly silver membership.
      Joined 08/13/2019 - Left Curriculum November 14, 2019 due to travel/training related funds.

It looks like a great program, but I did not have the funds to train locally with other practitioners of Pekiti Tersia.

• PTK-SMF, Tim Waid
    http://www.shopsmf.com/
    https://www.shopsmf.com/shipping-contact
    Watch Military - CQC - Close Quarter Combat - Video Series (Total of 2 Videos) Online | Vimeo On Demand on Vimeo

• HAVE: DVD1 and DVD8 - Footwork System and Advanced Footwork System

• HAVE: DVD3 - Knife System / Solo Daga

• HAVE: DVD5 - PANGAMUT / DUMOG / EMPTY-HANDS

• HAVE: DVD7 - Empty Hands v. Knife
    Mano y Daga (empty hand against a knife)

• HAVE: Double Knife System

• HAVE: MILITARY PTK-CQC Close Quarters Combat System - Two (2) DVD Set

• ORDER: DVD2 - Sword and Impact Weapons ($54.95)
    • ORDER: DVD4 - Double Sword / Doble Kalis ($54.95)
    • ORDER: DVD6 - Espada y Daga ($54.95)
  • Rory Miller

• HAVE: Combatives for Street Survival V.1: Index Positions, The Guard and Combative Strikes

• HAVE: Combatives for Street Survival V.2: Weapon Counterattacks and Situational Combatives

• HAVE: INSIDE THE CRUCIBLE, An Exclusive Look at Kelly McCann’s Individual Protective Measures Course, Volume 3: Situational Combatives and Knife Fighting

• ORDER: Training for Sudden Violence: DRILLS 2-DVD set

• ORDER: Infighting (DVD)

• ORDER: Training for Sudden Violence: 72 Practical Drills

• HAVE: Kindle Version: Rory Miller, Meditations on Violence: A Comparison of Martial Arts Training & Real World Violence

• HAVE: Kindle Version: Rory Miller, “Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected”

• Sayoc

• HAVE: Sayoc “3 of 9” DVD

• HAVE: Sayoc Transition Drill 1 DVD

• HAVE: Sayoc Kerambit DVD

• ORDER: Sayoc Stick Grappling DVD ($50)

• ORDER: Sayoc Stick Grappling 2.0 ($60)

• ORDER: Sayoc Kali Whip Introduction DVD ($60)

1 Like

FIREARMS RELATED DVDS AND VIDEOS

Brian Enos

• “Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals,” by Brian Enos
  • “Skills and Drills book,” by Ben Stoeger

Gunsite
https://www.gunsite.com/videos/

IPSC Training Videos

IPSC is a decent set of skills to master. What is does not cover is COVER and how to use it in a gunfight. There is a lot of FREE IPSC material on the Internet at YouTube. USE IT!

Magpul DVDs

Mossad Ayoob ?

PSTG - Practical Shooting Training Group
https://www.practicalshootingtraininggroup.com/training-videos/

Rob Leatham
https://robleatham.com/training/competition-training/

Todd Jarrett

1 Like

Wow. If there isn’t more to the bill than what you’ve included, I’m stunned by what you did include. As it reads, it sounds like a totalitarian government’s “grab” of citizen rights to neutralize/neuter them into complete submission to government power. Not unlike Nazi Germany, China and other such regimes. I understand a government’s legitimate concern about radical paramilitary or terrorist groups. If these rules are strictly within the framework of paramilitary groups, I can see what they are trying to prevent, but how will the government determine “within a paramilitary group” vs. just teaching your children to shoot? Who makes that call? If some of the nut job leftist politicians have their way, any Republican who teaches his son or daughter marksmanship shills would be sent to jail. A very slippery slope that could easily lead to misinterpretation and abuse by those who make and enforce the law. It will be challenged, no doubt, and the Supreme Court will never allow it, if it even gets that far.

4 Likes

I think that this law if passed will be challenged in court as being UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

3 Likes

I would hope that the State Courts would rule this is illegal. You of course know that a lot of laws are copied from state to state though so eventually this will end up at the US Supreme Court.

Some Asian martial arts have a male and female component. The male component often does not have a “folk” or “dance” component within it, and the female dance reveals all of the secrets of the original art. Many govts cracked down in the past on martial arts and the dance was passed down and held by families for decades if not centuries.

I agree that this is a move to stifle many of our Bill of Rights with one Bill.

1 Like

Aren’t there “Red flag” laws in Virginia, why is this tyrannical behavior not be charged! These people obviously have some serious mental deficiencies!
What is the point of the second amendment if it’s not being used. Now is the time, do you not see it coming! These are not jokes or news gaffes, these nazi’s are seriously in the mood for a war.
They are Treading all over us, you know things have to get worse before they get better!.
Where are the defenders, am I on island?

3 Likes

@Scott52 Hello Scott and welcome to you here in the Community. I have to admit I know nothing about the Navy or submarines I spent my time as a Grunt in the US Army. But I’m in agreement with you, even to the extent that the National Rifle Association National Headquarters is Fairfax, VA and I receive snail mail and email and phone calls for requests for donations every day. I’m a life member since 2015 and when telemarketers call me they want me to become a member. It’s not the telemarketers fault, I’m guessing they read a script. But I’m going to call the NRA or NRA-ILA tomorrow and ask the question that you advanced here about Red Flag.

No you are not alone, but I would say the best bet for US Citizens is to have the House, Senate and White House in control of the Republicans and then PROTEST for a concealed or open carry law for firearms and edged weapons that applies to and is recognized in all 50 states.

That would be a start, and that would be the nail in their coffins.

1 Like

That’s a pretty frightening law as proposed :scream: … no room for abuse there :grimacing:
@MikeBKY or @Tom_Grieve, care to weigh in?

@Tommy_Chi mighty impressive list, comprehensive research sir. Thank you for sharing it.

1 Like

That list is part of the Survival Document that I am going to try and email you around Jan 1.

1 Like

I can see the possibility of this statute being abused, however, the Commonwealth will be required to prove every element of the crime including the intent of the actor of an activity being “to use in or in furtherance of a civil disorder” or “with the intent of intimidating.”
Virginia is an open carry state. I can see police arresting someone if someone walks through a park or is standing at a parade with a rifle slung over their shoulder or a pistol carried openly on their hip because someone is intimidated and calls the police. Will the police, a court or a jury presume intent of intimidating just because you know, or should have known, that someone will be intimidated.
If this works, do the then try to do the same thing for any protesting? How about ANTIFA where they are gathering specifically to cause civil disorder and intimidation? Is there an exemption for the police or national guard when they get lined up in riot gear during a period of civil disorder or a protest.

2 Likes

… exactly like the case here in Missouri were the guy walked through Walmart in full tactical kit open carrying a pistol and an AR…? :unamused:

Well I suppose if they struck a karate pose… somehow I don’t think it will be used that way since the language says “paramilitary” and we know who that is intended to mean.

But I’m guessing it does mean any group of people playing paintball in the woods. Or any single person practicing their shooting skills with a man shaped target. All they have to do is make a plausible case for who’s face the person imagined on it.

I don’t see one. So that might seem like an obvious “they won’t use it that way”… but let me remind you of the case where the law for sentencing minimum when a firearm is involved in a crime was successfully used in the prosecution of two border patrol agents trying to do their jobs.

And just putting my tinfoil hat on… consider if there were unconstitutional orders given to police or military to move against civilians… and they decided to not enforce. I see it being applied there quite easily.

Second thread here

The MO case was the first that came to mind when I read the statute @Zee.

I do not see where the statute could reasonably be used to criminalize any type of self defense training. Again, the state needs to prove intent to cause civil disorder or intimidation.

1 Like

Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.

@MikeBKY take this scenario:
LA riots where people in Koreatown stood guard in shop doorways and patrolled from the rooftops to protect their businesses, specifically for the purpose of intimidating the rioters.
I think that would fall directly in violation of the law as written.

2 Likes

Along with the police in riot gear.
The same thing happened in Ferguson.
Stay in the rooftops and in the stores and off the streets I suppose.

2 Likes

Another state I can cross off my retirement destination list.

1 Like

Interpretation is dangerous here. Who gets to “interpret?” There is always someone deliberately looking to be “intimidated” so they can use it as a weapon to gain power over those they disagree with. It is a disingenuous power play.

1 Like

Interpretation of statutes usually rests with the courts unless the legislature’s definition does not leave room for interpretation.

2 Likes