Springfield Saint 308 vs Aero Precision

Hey guys just trying to see what you guys think would be better between the springfield saint 308 or Aero precision 308. using it for mid range 400 to 500 yd hunting … maybe home defense as well… any input of which is better… thnx

Hello Sir. I don’t think you could go wrong with either option. My best friend is very fond of his Saint. Aero is an awesome brand as well. I would look at the list of features and compare the two. Look at the sights, stock, handguards, twist rate, barrel construction, bolt carrier group construction. Is one ambidextouris, etc. Price is a factor, as well as support from the manufacturer.

Don’t stress though. Either one will prove very capable.

1 Like

thank you for your honest opinion. price wise their both the same . the main factor thats different from the two is aero is 18" barrell saint is 16". saint is almost 8lb vs aero is almost 10lb. 1/8 teist on saint and 1/10 twist on aero. im from a state where ar10 cannot be in its original form so no evil features like no pistol grip no flash hider. no adjustable stock. unless i make my rifle fixed mag. but then again on a fixed mag its pretty time consuming kn fixing double feed and i wanted to make my ar10 for mid range hunting and as well as home defense . but i appreciate your thoughts and thank u. i will be getting my saint tomm which will be my final descision. and more info on saint would be awesome if you have any more details…

1 Like

Since I don’t own one myself, that is all I know. The weight alone would be a consideration for me as I have aged. I think you will be in good shape. Enjoy your Saint sir.

1 Like

A .308 has a lot of penetration thru interior and exterior walls for a home defense option. This might not be the best home defense selection unless you live alone in a very remote area.

1 Like

yes i completely agree with you in regards to the penetration. i appreciate the comment bro. the 308 was for hunting mid range. and in case of a shtf thats what i was leaning towards when i said home defense when all hell gets loose and everyones just looting and the 308 the only thing i have to keep my kids and family away from harm. but hey i appreciate it thanx.