So you're at the gun club with the wife the other day

Wow, you should shoot as long as you want. Pushy people should be brushed aside. You both did the right thing, besides it’s together time!

4 Likes

My wife and I did our USCCA CCW course as a couples weekend… and we weren’t the only ones there doing that.

4 Likes

@John_K - You mention " comes back with her own plywood targets" so with the cost of plywood being the way it is, she probably didn’t want to ruin her own plywood.

Like others have said I think you did well with this one.

Plywood is probably more expensive and scarce than ammo these days.

4 Likes

No, you aren’t wrong. I think we’ve all experienced someone behind us wanting the range and perhaps being huffy about it. My usual response to the question how much longer you gonna be, is “until I’m done”.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Joe132

1 Like

My thoughts too.

1 Like

GOOD CALL would have done the same thing .

1 Like

If you know they have a weapon and something does’nt fell right, well you did well.

1 Like

“So you’re at the gun club with the wife the other day…”

Someone’s been watching ‘Letterkenny’…

1 Like

People have NO range etiquette anymore. What you did was right on, and she should have not even asked what she did.

2 Likes

welcome Keith95 So how are you now?

1 Like

Good’en you?

1 Like

Welcome to the community @joe132

1 Like

Obviously, telling her “NO” was the correct response. But there was also a teaching moment here - to try and explain what responsibilities each individual has when handing guns. Many of the responses here are things that should have been said directly to her. Things about not knowing her experience or training with guns, for example. We all have a duty to act, speak, and try to convince others what constitutes safe handling of guns. Sharing a lane with a complete stranger would always be, in my opinion, a no-no.

4 Likes

You were too nice. The world is producing more self absorbed narcissists than it can handle. The lady you describe is a perfect example of a walking talking life support system for a lady part.

2 Likes

You are probably right. We live in a conservative small tight knit community and the gun club is or used to be super friendly every one knows every one kind of place. Lately cpl training classes have been popping up from other cities and we are seeing more and more strays. You pay to belong but no one monitors the gate. It’s changing just like everything else these days. I keep reminding myself about situational awareness.

3 Likes

I let some people in one time and wont do that again. I specified rules for safety and they promptly ignored them and took over. 3 people one a novice woman trying to decide between revolvers and semi auto. The novice gets moved up close to the target way past the set firing line and they hand her a loaded semi auto which she is holding incorrectly and about to get bit. I stopped her and showed her how to hold the pistol at which the others got upset. I told them I dont like blood and to go away as soon as she is done. I did not want to stop the novice and I told her to find someone else to teach her.

4 Likes

The derogatory stuff about the assumptions of that lady was a little off putting but that’s normal here …where we act like a family but separate as soon as “new” comes along. All things being equal I would err on the side of wife but hoop earrings was that a description of a lady or code for something else ? Like when people say they turn the guns sideways you know them! I would’ve asked what she was shooting and then hoped I collected my brass or wore gloves when I loaded out. I’m suspect not for her hoop earrings but her boldness like she done it before ( asked for the sloppy seconds o. Your targets

2 Likes

I don’t understand her reaction. Why ask if the word no is going to upset you? You acted in a proper way. Great to hear you do drills!

3 Likes

Should have used the chance to tell her about Jesus.
What would Jesus have done… aye?