Snap caps - Dry fire training

I use “Dummy Rounds” and practice dry fire drills. This looks like a good product/idea. What’s your thougts??

1 Like

So… how does that work? The ejector just doesn’t grab them?

With the dummy rounds that I have used its almost always feels like you are having a malfunction and needs to clear it. It is a good way to practice clearing malfunctions with tap and rack methods.

PS for try fire use one of those gun plastic inserts and you will feel the same trigger pull as if you are doing a real fire. Also I mainly use one of those laser training guns I bought (for an expensive price) I could have almost buy a new gun with it, but it did come handy for me too teach my daughter how to shoot

1 Like

I actually load several mags and put an dummy round in various places in the stack. Then I drill to clear the Jam. I usually have 6-8 mags for each gun, so knowing where the dummy rounds are is not and issue. I usually drill every couple times I go to the range.

2 Likes

This is a good drill to not only practice your clearing jams but a very quick way to verify you’re not flinching. Our brains become accustomed to the bang/recoil and can force an unintended flinch. Slipping a dummy round in various mags can help diagnose the issue (or confirm it’s not an issue at all.)

1 Like

I have these and love them. I use them to practice my trigger cycle. They don’t get ejected like a dummy round.

1 Like