Should I have more than one carry gun?

Any excuse to get a new gun is an acceptable one.

Key is practice. And practice. And practice. I switch between two different carry guns, one striker-fired and one hammer-fired. It’s no problem.

2 Likes

I ended up buying a shield 45 today.
Looked at a lot of guns. I really like my shield 9mm, feels right in my hand. The 45 is just a tad bit thicker and fills my hand even better. Definitely going to work for carry, and it gives me another range toy! I’m looking forward to throwing rocks :joy:

Thank you all for your input!

2 Likes

Nice! That’s how I came to own the CW45… it fit my hand better (more natural feeling while shooting) than similar models in smaller calibers.

1 Like

Flying ashtrays.

1 Like

Ran 200 rounds through it. I’m a fan of 45.

I DO. Everyday is different and the weather gets messy sometimes. I carry anywhere from 9mm, .40, like your favorite

.45 caliber, and the best a 10mm. Love the training too.

1 Like

I recommend that you have on your permits as many as they allow–which in my state is three. If something happens to one firearm, you have a backup to take over.

Another state in which I had a CCW didn’t require you specifying your piece, so no limitations.

1 Like

@Edgy01

My state does not require you to list your carry guns on your permit.

My selection based on outfit and preference.

1 Like

Wow I didn’t realize certain states limited the number of carry guns you can have. That’s ridiculous. I also didn’t realize some states required you to list your guns on the permit.

1 Like

More than 1? Search Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch…somewhere there is a dissertation on having more than 1…I cant post it sometimes his language is not appropriate here…

1 Like

I have a few for various reasons. I tend to buy new things because they are interesting, but I almost never sell. So I have different generations spread over about 30 years since I first carried. One of the reasons I have multiple is that I’m always debating the convenience vs capability trade-offs. For example, I can carry the S&W 442 in my pocket and just about forget it is there. In fact my wife recently realized it was in my pocket and asked me why I was carrying (I had stopped carrying years ago) and I told her I’d been carrying it for months. She just didn’t notice because there wasn’t this large thing on my belt. But I know the 442’s limits, and if I’m dressing appropriately would rather carry a semi-auto with good sights, more rounds, etc. etc. etc. There are plenty of other reasons of course. A few months ago I left one of my carry guns at a gunsmith for a couple of weeks. If I’d only had one…