Share your Independence Day

Here’s what independence looks like to me. An afternoon on the farm.

What does independence look like to you?

9 Likes

Here was mine

1 Like

@MoonWolf, beautiful way to spend a day!

1 Like

I spent 4 hours mowing the yard. Still have two more hours to go to be finished since I mowed everything this time. Some parts only get mowed every other week.

2 Likes

@bjp that’s a lot of mowing! but I bet it looks good when its done :smiley:

and a lot of audio books/podcasts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@BJP Now that’s a great way to make good use of your time.

1 Like

it’s what I do when I’m on the road too… I did the count recently, over 400 books in the last 2 years. :scream:
I don’t have a lawn, but I drive a LOT.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful combination @JamesR!

1 Like

I spent the past two weeks at work thrashing on main engine repairs. We had to work through the 4th as well.

20190703_191410 20190703_182117

2 Likes

@Nathan did you at least get some fireworks in?

1 Like

@Zee - I did, although they were several miles away.

2 Likes

Hey Zee! Sorry for such a late response. Been busy with work after that nice break. Had to stare at game camera photos for about 5-6 hours a day trying to sort them all out and tag each photo with the species we see in the photo. Anyway yes I did get some fireworks in. Went out on that lake with some local friends and we all got to see the show the community had put on for the boats. Was an awesome day. How was your fourth?

1 Like

Pretty good day when you get boating and fireworks @MoonWolf!
We did farm stuff, walked up on the pasture with the great grandbaby and my granddaughter, and a menagerie… two orphaned lambs, 3 dogs, 4 cats, half dozen horses and a pig… trooping along. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Watched the local parade, lots of classic cars, tractors, horses, cowboys and Indians, and all the shiny firetrucks… an hour and 15 minutes worth!
Then the 4 of us went to the county fair… full rodeo with bulls, roping, bulldogging, a boot race for the kids, trick riders, rodeo clowns, burgers and cotton candy, people watching, and a rousing session of spot-whos-carrying. And then fireworks :heart_eyes:
All in all we had a great day :heart_eyes:

1 Like