Self defense with what you have around you

Because sometimes the best tool to use is already in your hands! Quick thinking on his part. Have you heard of any stories like this one where someone used something unusual to protect themselves.
I knew an older couple in the city that put up manikins all clothed in their house to wart off anyone thinking of breaking into their house.

4 Likes

I would like to throw a few folks on our local Nextdoor app at the bad guys! (tongue in cheek, of course).

1 Like

Pots, pans, hammers, a 2x4. Whatever I have at hand can be a bludgeoning weapon. Anything to fight my way to a gun.

2 Likes

A red laser pointer…
With all the cats my wife collects I won’t even have to unholster a firearm.

6 Likes

I’ve also heard of and considered cutouts/silhouettes in windows while away!
These work as way better than “no trespassing” and “gun free zone” signs in the yard! Place one in front window and one in rear window!

2 Likes

Funny. I was looking for to scale prone soldiers to place on my property to show patriotism and deter idiots wanting to invade at their own risk.

2 Likes

Place this in your window and have a laser that tracks movement.

2 Likes

My wife gives me flak for staging innocuous things like spare hammers and screwdrivers in various closets around the house. I do it so there’s always an improvised weapon nearby on the off chance I don’t have a gun on me. It also saves me trips to the garage to fetch the tool box when anythin in the house breaks.

4 Likes

Keep pencils laying around. The pen{cil} is mightier than the sword!

6 Likes

We used to have pencil fights when I was in middle school. I think I was being recruited into a gang. Not my desire but tried to survive it. Thankfully I was allowed to move to live with my father and really my grandparents.

I still have a mark in my finger where I was stabbed by a pencil.

2 Likes

Pencils were a favorite of inmates in jail facility’s and we were required to sharpen them for them. :roll_eyes:
A sharpened pencil dipped in whatever nasty they could come up with was the the only thing I feared. :scream:

1 Like

@Todd30 I was thinking maybe we should carry a flare gun when pumping gas. :+1:

4 Likes