Selecting the Right Load This Winter | Blog | USCCA

The winter will drastically change your everyday carry gear, whether by forcing you to add layers and compromising your ability to draw your gun or by impacting a bullet’s penetration into a target. The last thing you want to do is compromise your ability to protect yourself.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/selecting-the-right-loads-this-winter/
2 Likes

Do you change your carry ammo for winter?

1 Like

No I don’t change my carry ammo in winter. I in Arizona. And even though it may be freezing in the mornings by afternoon temps are warm. and maybe no coat required. So I just don’t change my ammo.

1 Like

What’s your definition of freezing, @Reloader54? It’s going to get down to 4 degrees here this week… :cold_face:

@Dawn I live in the desert of Arizona. And we get hard freeze warnings with the temps get down around in the 20’s. I’ve been out at the race track and gun range when it was in the 20’s. And then by lunch time temps were up in the 50’s to 60’s. And during the summer time the temps get up into the 105’s or up into the 118 deg’s for the highs. And the lows in the mornings are down to only the 80’s or 90’s.

2 Likes