Rise of the High-Capacity Mini-Pistol | Guns & Gear | USCCA

A lot of the time when I hear people talking about little guns that hold lots of rounds, I hear things like, “Revolutionary!” or “It’s a game-changer!” or “A tiny gun with all this ammo — what a fantastic, new innovation!”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/rise-of-the-high-capacity-mini-pistol/

Which mini-gun do you like? Why does that one work for you?

Hello Dawn, still new to this community but I’ll weigh in on this. For over 20 years my EDC weapon was a J frame S&W 640, .357. I absolutely love my little snubby and the power of the .357. However with the information age smack in my face and U-tube channels like Active self protection, I have come to the realization that 5 rounds might not be enough? Both of the newest weapons, the 365 and the Hellcat hold considerably more rounds and both are almost equal in size to my revolver. Their actually thinner. And for someone of my build very concealable. As far as more confidence I would say no! For the same issues you mention. More rounds doesn’t translate to better Unless the shooters skills and mindset translate to being more aware of every aspect of a self defense shooting. Further, I can run just about any firearm put before me but my trust will always remain more grounded with my revolver. However I do find some slight security in the knowledge that, if facing a situation with multiple assailants the fact that I have 12 or 13 rounds is most definitely a comfort, not to mention that I’ve begun carrying a spare magazine. The Hellcat was my choice but after firing the 365 as well. I feel either weapon would/will fit the bill nicely with each having pros and cons for me.

1 Like

Glad you’re jumping in! That’s what the Community is for! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sccy 9mm. It has double stack capacity and is a real tack driver. Ive been able to put rds thru same target hole. And when moving able to hit pie plates 99% of the time. Never, knock on wood , had any feed issues.

1 Like

I am very fond of my new Sig P365. It is small, very easy to shoot, and of course has the 10 round capacity. It has the Xray 3 night sights as well. It really does shoot like a larger pistol. It is only a little snappy and has a terrific trigger. I purchased two of the 12 round mags which only cost you a tiny bit of concealability. I am very, very happy with it. Over 400 rounds fired of both ball and hollow points with no issues at all.

I have really liked my new Glock 43x with night sights - easy to shoot / accurate / reliable (no issues at all so far) for a small gun, much easier to conceal than my G 19. Enjoyable to shoot vs my Ultra Compact LCP which I love to carry but not fun to shoot.

1 Like