Ring Neighbors App won’t let me post incident.

I’ve been trying to post the following on Ring Neighbor app and Ring won’t approve the post because they don’t approve of reporting of kids who ring doorbells and run, or people hiding, or people acting suspiciously.

We have a Fremont Ohio News Scanner FB group, where everyone reports car break ins and stuff of that matter and people got guns stolen out of their cars. I got removed from the group because people kept reporting my comments to the administrators where I was sharing links to a $200 rifle safe from Lowe’s so these kind of things wouldn’t happen. They let me back in but said one more comment or post of mine that gets reported, I’m out of the group.

So I don’t know how to let the people in my community know without getting reported.

When I walk, when I get to dark areas I strobe the light every once in a while so I can be aware of my surroundings it’s awesome the amount of things you can’t see in the dark, and the amount of things a flashlight will point out as you’re walking.

3 Likes

Yes, flashlights are quite useful. I also find it somewhat amusing when I get questions about using one while walking at night. You pointed out one obvious reason, those with possible ill-intent prefer to remain in the dark and scurry like roaches when illuminated.

I cannot understand why your posts were flagged for recommending a safe for firearms. I do agree it should not be mandated, but I bought a safe shortly after my first handgun purchase, and I live in an area that basically has no reported crimes of theft, burglary, nor violence.

4 Likes

I always like stories that state: could’ve been, maybe was, sounded like this or that. I understand you’re trying to get folks to pay attention however some are just plain afraid or they hear too many tales & wish to report chicken little stories because of the fear. Not stating this is you just a general thought. Do what you feel is correct, if you get booted big deal…

1 Like

Maybe, had you posted “victim with crowbar” or “crowbar wielding VICTIM”, attempts to flee from bad guy with deadly flashlight, you could have become the neighborhood hero!
Other than that, these days I mind my own business! Keep in mind people “voted” for defunding, pro crime and pro violence advocates!
Expect it to get a lot worse! The “purge” is just starting! Watch out for your own and stay as safe as possible!
As far as informing the community, gotta go old school, FACE TO FACE comms with only people you trust.

3 Likes

I had to change the story from maybe, might be, suspicious of, to THERE WAS A CAR BREAK IN. In order to get it through RING.

2 Likes

@Forensic_Wow >>> Red Flag I see is why are you walking around later at night, with or without a flashlight. Seems to me it’s your right to walk anytime or place but your putting yourself in a higher risk situation by walking around after dark. If you see something suspicious call the fuzz in stead of wasting time playing with you neighbors.
Stay safe and try to walk in daylight.

2 Likes

I got off of work at 10pm…… you expect me to pull out a mattress and spend the night at work? :rofl::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Got it, you didn’t say that in your first statement. Some people including me are night hawks, up most of the night. Still say call the fuzz if something doesn’t look right, don’t wast time.
Thanks

If you think about it, it’s nuts that we have to think about when and where we walk in the United States. Including who to call when we see something to say something. Total waste of time, I stick with my previous statement, if it ain’t my car, not my business.
I think they had the same problem in the late 30’s early 40’s.
I’m just waiting on my gold syringe to be pinned to my chest. We are actually reliving the past.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I walk in the dark quite a bit. Not sure what the big deal is. 5:30 a.m. is daylight in the summer. Why change my daily routine when it gets dark earlier in the fall and winter? That’s what flashlights and headlamps are for. I see the same lady walking her dog at that time of the day. So it’s not entirely unusual where I live. It’s what works for me and is the only time I can get my exercise in.

1 Like

Hmmmm so a new story. Yeah that’s the ticket.

Same story just a little white lie :wink:

1 Like

Huh. :thinking:

If everyone in your neighborhood adopted that attitude, the long term outcome would be you all living in a crappy place with trashed vehicles on the street, graffiti on your walls, broken windows, stolen mail… No one can watch all their stuff all the time.

Personally, I watch out for my neighbors, and they watch out for me and each other. There’s no formal Neighborhood Watch program, we just do it.

But hey, to each his own (double entendre intended).

3 Likes