Rifle Accessories

Good deal sir! She wont let you down. Enjoy,

2 Likes

Any advice on an affordable buy decent rifle sling? I’m not in the position to get the best of the best, but I definitely want to get something that is functional and safe.

I’m also looking for the best place to buy 30 rd pmags…

Www.grabagun.com had magazines on sale the other day for $10.99 as for slings I bought one off Amazon over a year ago for cheap and it still works like a champ.

1 Like

@Scoutbob What do you define as a “sling”?

Do you want 2 point, 1pont, 3 point or do you want an actual "sling"that you can take apart and “Sling into”?

For a carbine or pistol that is a “walking around gun” I like a one point sling either at the buffer tube/lower junction on a swivel or on the rear receiver pin (K&S Swivel Pin). For a GP range gun I don’t sling them at all. All of my hunting rifles have my old 1 season NM 1907 slings from back in the day. On my big guns and precision tactical rifles I am fond of TAB Gear slings as I helped Tony design it :sunglasses:

If you gust want something to help throw it over your shoulder and walk around any “strap” will do.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

This is what I’m going for. I think I’ll grab a cheap one off amazon for now. I’ll work my way to get all the good stuff eventually.

Unless you are using the stick to hunt with where you spend most of your time with it over your shoulder save the $$ and don’t bother with a strap. They just get in the way.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I think I’ll put that money into magazines instead! :joy:

The best advice I can give you, is buy right now a small quantity of mags. Small is subjective, but more than 1 :smiley: Whatever your budget allows right now (knowing you just dropped a bunch of coin on a new rifle), maybe its just 2 or 3, maybe its a 10pack if you can swing it. YMMV, but this is just to hold you over to make sure the rifle works, get a little practice in until a sale comes along.

List of sites at the bottom. Bookmark and visit periodically, or even better sign up for their mailing lists to get notice on their sales. There’s probably a few more sites I’m forgetting.
(If there is a magazine version of AmmoSeek I’d love to hear about it)

Palmetto State Armory (PSA), frequently has sales where they have combos like a handful of mags and a bunch of ammo for the price of just the mags. Or this current one with a rifle range bag and 7 mags for $110. Those are great for building up your stockpile of “stuff”.

30rnd Gen3 PMAGs are great, window and non-window versions. But the Gen2 PMAGs are also really good and usually a few dollars cheaper which adds up when you buy them by the bunch.

Lancer makes great mags as well.

Aluminum GI-style mags are also still really good and reliable. D&H, OKAY Industries (but not the newer E2, apparently those have issues), Brownells branded mags etc.

And I’d also recommend getting some 20 or even 10 round mags. 20 rounders are easier to lay prone with, and I use 10 rounders when shooting for groups with a bipod.

You will probably next ask “how many magazines do I need?” And the answer to that is similar to the “how much ammo do i need?” question. If you only take the rifle out once a year and put a few dozen rounds through it, you really dont need 100 mags. If you shoot competitions every week maybe 100 mags is just your starting point. A general guideline (unscientific, seems to be internet consensus across forums I visit) is 10 mags+ per every firearm that is regularly used. Magazines are “wear and tear” items and are meant to be used and eventually thrown away and replaced, so you want to have spares.

1 Like

Awesome thank you! I’m going to consider that bag with 7 mag package. I definitely won’t be able to get everything I want right away, but I do want to collect magazines on the unfortunate chance they become hard to come by in the future. My plan is to get a carrying case, mags and ammo

This is the sling I use and I run it as a one point.
Less Side 2 Point Rifle Sling 550 Paracord Gun Sling Quick Adjust Gun Shoulder Strap Removable Paracord Survival Strap HK Hooks Two Point Hunting Sling (HK Hooks) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DTH9GZ3/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_XmgYEbN8C9KJV

1 Like

Decided to order 6 Gen 2 PMags from Palmetto while they’re on sale. I wanted to do the bag deal with the D&H mags, but I decided I could get a cheaper range bag off amazon. I’ll keep my eye on some aluminum mags in the future.

Just ordered one based on your recommendation. Thank you!

1 Like