Revolver for ccw

How many concealed or open carry a wheel gun?

• Concealed carry a wheel gun
  • Open carry a wheel gun
  • Don’t carry a wheel gun

0 voters

Poll added by Dawn on 8/17

3 Likes

Perhaps adding a poll would be better here?

4 Likes

@Brent25 Just go to the magnifying glass at the top and type in “revolver” lots of posts. :+1:
You can resurrect any of them by posting.

1 Like

Not often, but when I do 340PD

2 Likes

Nancy and I both have a revolver, hers on the bedside and I occasionally carry. Taurus .38 and I have a couch gun. RIA .38. :+1:

3 Likes

At this time I do not but in my years of carry experience I have carried 3 wheel guns:
1- Ruger Police Service Six
2- Colt Detective Special 38spl. 6 shot Rev.
3- S&W 38spl. 5 shot revolver.

I didn’t like the Ruger at all it was heavy and it was my service/duty gun. The other ones we’re back ups and I loved them both. I no longer have them in my collection because I sold them all. I regret not keeping the Colt.

1 Like

I was at Turner’s earlier looking for one but it’s out of stock. I wanted it for that same purpose.

2 Likes

I like mine. Rough on the outside, smooth on the inside. Heavy enough to use as a club with good accuracy.

3 Likes

Smith & Wesson stainless Centennial 640, pocket carry in a Bianchi 152 and loaded with 158gr LSWC.

1 Like

Ive been after one for years now. Still can’t do it. 360pd? Meh. I need the 340pd.

2 Likes

I sometimes carry a 66 in cooler weather.

1 Like

Ruger LCR .38 Sp+P

2 Likes

Smith 60 3”,.

2 Likes

Me too.

• Occasionally I’ll bring out a 442 “Women of the NRA” limited edition I bought for my significant other who carried it most of the last 10 years of her life. More for the sense of touching something she touched rather than armed and ready.
    But, all said, I’m primarily dependent on my pre poly P series SIGs for concealed defensive equipment.
2 Likes

I use a S&W Model 642 for pocket carry occasionally when in town, mostly its a Glock 23. In the back-country, my usual sideiron is a S&W 686 x 4". There is a carbine or shotgun behind the seat as well when we are in the great outdoors. We had cause to deploy the Mini-14 in March of 2007 just north of Silverwood Lake in San Bernardino County. The meth zombie decided that discretion was the better part of valor. Overall circs suggested a carjacking attempt on our new 4x4 pickup; the attempt didn’t go forward. Armed victims present complications for predators.

1 Like

This may be irrational, but I don’t for this reason: Under duress, even professional LEO’s put a very small % of their shots on target. I will probably do even worse. Revolvers have limited capacity and are tough to reload on the fly. For that reason I prefer a semi-auto. My favorite semi-auto is a DAO, so I get the revolver feel and safety (without a safety!).

4 Likes

You rate your clubs on accuracy? LOL How often do you swing and miss? :grin:

2 Likes

Not very often, I use a head size basketball for a target. LOL With only 6 shots I thought I should practice
swinging it. :rofl:
It is a slightly rough, solid revolver and I wouldn’t hesitate to beat a basketball to death. :skull:

2 Likes

Just got it today. It’s for my son for his 18th birthday. He said he wanted to carry a cowboy gun. So I got him a S&W Model 19 357 Magnum. :grin:

5 Likes

That’s lovely! I am certain he will treasure that gift, and all the good memories you two can create, far into his life. And maybe into his Grandchildren’s too! Start it out - right; share safety and proper handling education together. Then, make it a habit to get practical range time, maybe join a club?

3 Likes