Revolver for ccw

I’ve been teaching him about guns safety since he was 6. We’ve been shooting together since he was 8. That was rifles. We both didn’t start shooting handguns till this year. Your right about the memories we have built together and memories still to come. He is a few months away from 18 now. :cry: Man he is growing up so fast. He’ll be going to college soon. Eyes tearing up just thinking about it.

2 Likes

My 2 sons are grown up and on there own and it was hard to let them go brother. I’ve been there.

1 Like

Ok so to add to the question light weight or regular steel to carry

1 Like

@Justin47 I think you should adopt me and I turned 18 a long time ago. :pleading_face:
That is a beautiful revolver, I would love to shoot it. Did you buy a holster yet? :+1:
I have found Rugers to be sturdier but S&W to be more accurate.

4 Likes

No I have not found a holster yet… in fact if anyone knows where I could start looking please tell me. Of course the moment I payed it off this morning, I took it to my buddies house and put almost 50 rounds through it. I’ll tell you what. At 15 yards (45 feet) my grouping was amazing for me. I’m not yet a good shot but my grouping was within a two inch diameter circle. Dead center of the target. I’ve never shot a more accurate Handgun. As for adopting you. Ummmm little weird… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Try Gunners Alley in NC. They sell a lot of nice leather holster (gotta have leather with a “real” handgun😏). Seriously Mitch Rosen and several others make nice rigs for Smiths.

3 Likes

So if this is a Cowboy gun are you looking at a traditional Cowboy holster?
Surprisingly Amazon has a bunch for a decent price.

2 Likes

I’d say yes. Just to complete the hole look. What’s funny is I’ve been giving him a hard time about wanting a revolver. I’m more of a modern gun guy. Then I shot it today and was immediately jealous… To give it to him or to keep it, that is the question? LMAO :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

That is a personal decision. Heavier is good for many reasons, except carrying all day long, though a good belt will help a lot. I carry a poly .45 full-frame. It is heavy, but not like an all metal gun. The thick gun belt I use makes it easy for all day carry.

2 Likes

Looks to be a 6" K frame. What type of holster are you looking to get? That longer barrel will make complications for sitting down/driving if you carry it on your belt. Although I’m usually happy with my semi-custom holsters, I usually end up getting something already made from Galco or similar while waiting the 3+ months from more notable leather holster crafters.

3 Likes

It is a 6". Truth be told, I know nothing about revolvers and the holsters that’s why I was asking for advice. As for what type. What do you think the best type would be? That’s why I joined USCCA community to learn and get advice. What’s your thoughts on the type of holster for this gift.

1 Like

I rolled over the choices and think it mistook my vote.
I EDC carry a S&W Body Guard w/Laser revolver far more than my Glock 36 & 19.
If I can’t kill it with 5 well placed rounds of .38+P, it’s immortal!

2 Likes