Repeal NFA Act:What do you think?

This is the message I wrote for my local representative about the NFA Act. I would really appreciate your opinion and if I can word it better.
"Requiring tax stamps for short barrel rifles discriminates against disabled people. I’m a disabled veteran and I hurt my wrist jumping out of aircraft in a Special Operations unit. If I want to carry an AR I have to use a pistol. The ATF is trying to ban pistol braces and if they succeed I won’t be able to carry a rifle. Please repeal the NFA Act to protect second amendment rights for disabled people. "

10 Likes

I think all gun laws, outside of the 2A should be repealed. I’m not a felon, I should be able to walk into my local FFL, and buy whatever firearm, in whatever configuration I see fit. And so should every other law abiding citizen of this nation.

17 Likes

Yes.

“Shall not be infringed” is plain language. There should be no restrictions on small arms.

6 Likes

Our small arms is what’s stopping the communists from taking over our country. The second amendment needs to always be the foundation our nation stands on to continue protecting our liberties and freedom.

4 Likes

I’m totally in favor of repealing the NFA, as well as the Hughes amendment. I would also add the gun control act of 1968.

11 Likes

The ATF is not trying to ban pistol braces, but they did ban bump stocks. Go to the ATF Web Site and read the News Letter. And you can find more laws on firearms. Their are people, who likes to push the 2nd to far. The NFA is the one you have to go throw if you want a machine gun are a silencer for your Handgun are you AR 15. The tax stamp for a silencer is $200.00 dollars and for a machine gun I think it, over $200.00. Some people think they need the armory of the Armed Forces of the USA in their home.

Since the 2A intent is to defend against tyranny, what wrong with citizens having the same small arms as the government? The government only need to worry, if they intend to do something that would cause people to “throw the bums out.”

5 Likes

Page 16 shows the ATFs AR pistol point system.
https://www.atf.gov/file/154871/download

1 Like

Published on Dec 18, 2020 and withdrawn on Dec. 31 2020. And the law is to considered, if it is a rifle or a short-barreled rifle. They still sale pistol brace, where I live. But not the bump stock. I’m getting out of this one. I can’t believe someone needs the armory of the Armed Forces of the USA in their home. PS: That would be one big house! Have a great day and long life.
federal_firearms_licensee_ffl_newsletter_-_june_2021_0.pdf (942.4 KB)

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
AR pistols and the NFA act shouldn’t exist and binary triggers should be legal in all 50 states.

2 Likes

You just want to see, how long you kept this going. Have a great day and a long life.

This is their 2021 Pistol Brace Proposed Rule

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/06/10/2021-12176/factoring-criteria-for-firearms-with-attached-stabilizing-braces

It’s pretty restrictive and includes things completely unrelated to the brace such as forward grips and optics in its evaluation of what is a pistol vs an SBR.

3 Likes

I made a oath to the Constitution when I joined the military. Just because the government’s communist doesn’t mean I’m going to abandon my oath to the American people. You and I both know that if the government wants to kill people they can just make a fake vaccine and do it just as easily. Self-defense shouldn’t be scrutinized over what weapon a person uses when it’s a god-given right. Whether someone kills a person with a knife bat a crossbow or a gun in self defense doesn’t make a difference of the life that was taken. If you want to be mad at someone. Be mad at the constituents that pushed Republicans in Alaska, Illinois and Florida to draft the GRAM act. That opened a door that the veteran community will breach. The Veterans of Foreign Wars has even got into the battle of Delta-8 THC and the battle horn has been blown. Americans will have gun rights restored like the current ongoing Supreme Court case of NYSRPA vs Bruen. The ATFs and federal governments tyranny on gun rights will end.

3 Likes

Our RKBA is not about needs. Other than we need the RKBA for defense. The 2A does not mention “small arms”, it states arms. The privateers that were given letters of marque to attack British shipping possessed all sorts of arms. I don’t recall their not being allowed to outfit their ships with cannons, etc. Those privateers were, as the name implies, private citizens.

If you read the ATF regs, you will find that we are still “allowed” automatic weapons, that we are still “allowed” to possess cannons, etc. Your feeling that you/we do not “need” something is not law. You can denigrate/ridicule people all you want, it still does not make you right.

Do you believe people should be “allowed” to own black powder cannons without a license, or at all? Read this from the ATF:

Muzzleloading cannons manufactured in or before 1898 (and replicas thereof) that are not capable of firing fixed ammunition are considered antiques and not subject to the provisions of either the Gun Control Act (GCA) or National Firearms Act (NFA).

3 Likes

You got to look at the South Carolina unorganized militia bill that just got passed this year. Contact your local representatives and voice your opinion. You would be surprised to see what it could do. You may just plant a seed that can sprout later on even if you get a no. You reap what you sow.

1 Like

So some people like to push the 2nd Amendment too far? I’m curious how you would respond if I stated that you have “pushed” the 1st Amendment too far with your uninformed and fact free analysis.

You can;t be almost pregnant. You can’t be “mostly” for the 2nd Amendment.

4 Likes

The 2nd is the only amendment that the framers started with the “why”:

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state

Then moved on to the “what”:

the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

You can’t guarantee safety and still have freedom. There will always be evil people who put others in danger, and sometimes those people get elected to public office or are appointed to positions of power. People need to be able to protect themselves and the republic from such threats. Restrictions by law only give the criminals an advantage over the law abiding citizens.

4 Likes

If the Democrats and Republicans actually wanted to have a civil war. What or who will defend the property owners that are medical marijuana users? Over 10% of Oklahoma’s citizens are registered medical marijuana users and over 54% of Oklahomans are gun owners. You think that the state should get with ATF and make a red flag operation then to disarm all those Americans? If Marijuana users are that much of a threat to public safety they shouldn’t be allowed to drive if they have a medical marijuana card.

No, but you can follow the Law, or be a with the criminals who take advantage of the LAW. Have a good day and a long life. PS: I don’t know about your state, but are state all-ready have laws on the book for that.

The law used to be that alcohol was considered to be illegal. Look at where we’re at now. Slavery and domestic violence used to be legal in America…

1 Like